• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to pdf from Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 65 individual images that I would like to batch export to pdfs.  I do not see the option to accomplish this in Lightroom.  Is this possible?   Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

I believe the only option is in the slideshow module. With selected images use the Export PDF button – bottom left.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the only option is in the slideshow module. With selected images use the Export PDF button – bottom left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan D'Errico,

You may export the images from Lightroom as PDF either from the Book Module or Slideshow Module.

Please check the following article , export from Book Module : How to make photo books in Lightroom

Export from Slideshow : How to play and export slideshows in Lightroom

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Tanuj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to use the slideshow module.

I don't think there's any other way to get PDFs out of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also print to pdf in the print module if you are running OSX, Windows 10 or have a pdf printer for earlier Windows. Although I can't see of a way of batching a generation of 65 pdfs except into a single document (as the slideshow and book modules does)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You all clarified one important thing: it cannot be done directly or simply In Lightroom.   I found a workaround.  Luckily, my files were already exported to a folder on my Mac hard drive.  I opened them all up simultaneously in Preview.  As wirrah mentioned, if you export to pdf, you will get all the photos in one document.  However, Preview also makes it easy to split a PDF file, extracting a single page of that file and saving it as its own separate PDF file. To do this, just drag-and-drop a page from the Thumbnails pane onto your desktop. You’ll get a new PDF file that just contains that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You all clarified one important thing: it cannot be done directly or simply In Lightroom.

It can be done directly and simply, in the slideshow module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows-10 can also print multiple files to a pdf.

To have the images show all your Lightroom edits you will need to Export the images to a folder. (it can be temporary!)

1. Select images in File Explorer (your saved folder)

2. Right-click, choose Print..

3. Select the Printer  "Microsoft print to PDF"

For older versions of Windows you may need installed software to "Print to PDF" eg. Adobe Acrobat, Primo-PDF, etc.

ScreenShot266.jpg ScreenShot267.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select 'edit in photoshop' (if you have PS of course eg, creative cloud). Once there, Save As, select  'Photoshop PDF'.  Job done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Was looking to do the same thing. IF you have Mac OSX, here's the easiest way:

Select all files you want to batch out as a single PDF.

Go to "Print" then go to "printer", in that drop down menu in the lower left corner hit "open in preview" and that will change the format into PDF for preview automatically, then just hit "export as PDF" from Preview and you got it.

I originally tried "save as PDF" from that same drop down menu but Lightroom doesn't like it for some reason.  The "open in preview" option works much better.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines