Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to merge photos - Creating Panoramic Photo

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!!

I have an error in Lightroom when combining photos to create a panorama generates the preview and when I give it to combine starts to create the file to finally display an error message:

An internal error has occurred: Pictures can not be combined

I have an intel I5 6200 processor and 12gb RAM

Anyone has any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

If you can upload two of the files that won't stitch to Dropbox or other file sharing site I'll see what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many image files are you using and with what version of LR? There is a 65,000 pixel limit on width and height and a 4GB file size maximum when creating panoramas. Does it work if you use fewer image files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for your answer. I am using four or five images, if i use two images occurs the same error. I have a Sony A77 it takes photos with a 6000x4000px resolution.

I've done panoramas previously without any problem, but for some time ago the program has started to show me this error.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LR are you using (6.5 etc...)? If the panorama images are in a stack try it with the stack expanded and all images selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have the latest version of Lightroom (I am subscribed to creative cloud). Error occurs with stacked and unstacked photos

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can upload two of the files that won't stitch to Dropbox or other file sharing site I'll see what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I tried to do it again, and it works, I do not know the reason, but apparently the problem is already solved, it is possible that it had some problem and it has been resolved with some lightroom or system update

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear. If the problem returns let me know and we can investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't these two photos pano merge in LR?

Dropbox link:

Dropbox - Adobe Pano Merge Issues

Thanks.

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They merge fine here    OS X 10.11.6   Lr2015.12

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 11.03.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Thank you. I just closed and restarted LR and it now works for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple of ideas to try.

1. Increase cache memory setting. Edit>Preferences>Performance>Camera Raw Cache Settings. I set my to 50 GB.

2. The above worked for a while, until I got same error messages agin. I discovered that my pagefile size was not being automatically managed by the system. The max was set at 3 GB, but when I turned on auto-management, it increased to 15GB. That seems to have fixed things for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines