• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter photos by people WITHOUT only seeing faces? (i.e. "zoomed out" but still selecting only them)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to use People view to sort photos.

I am going nuts trying to figure out how to make that useful, though.  Like, if I want to find a photo pf my mom I can see them all in "people" view but I can only see her face (so I can't really figure out what photo I want to see.)

I know this must be possible.  What am I missing?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Faces View-

1) [RIght-Click] on the Face in question,

2) Select [Go to Folder in Library].

You will get the Folder with a selected photo that is the face shown in 'Face' view.

OR then simply toggle 'Faces' off with the icon on the Tool bar. This will leave the selected 'Face' selected (thumbnail highlighted), even if viewing 'All Photographs]

2021-11-18 07_24_11-Lightroom (7%).jpg

But the better way to find people-

Identified faces are marked with a 'Person' keyword. So if your mother's face is identified as "Mom", then search in the Keyword list for "Mom".

[Click] on the arrow to the right of a keyword to filter and show all photos with that keyword. (eg. all photos of Mom).

Rob_Cullen_0-1637185134440.png

'Person' (Face) keywords are the same as any other keyword in format except for the one option  [Person] is now checked on-

2021-11-18 07_26_03-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines