• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find Missing Folder results in "An internal error has occurred".

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm quite frustrated. After not having found a solution in weeks, I seek help in this forum.

I'm on a Mac and use latest publicly available Lightroom Classic and OSX.

The majority of my pictures house on an external NAS. Since Lightroom can not merge existing folders, I move the folders (e.g. "2017" with subfolders for every calendar day) to the NAS and allow merging with exiting 2017 folder. I then help Lightroom finding the missing folder by locating it. I then immediately get this error message:

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 4.33.18 PM.png

I get no error message if I locate using every individual subfolder (e.g. "2017-01-01") but I refuse doing this for every single folder (365 per year) whilst paying quite a high monthly fee for the package.

Any ideas how to solve this, other than fixing the software bug?

Appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you perform the folder merge described above inside or outside Lightroom?

There have also been some reported issues with NAS drives not having correct read/Write privileges set for Lightroom to use . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tony, thanks for checking in. A folder merger within the App is not supported on the Mac, why I chose to do it outside. I followed instructions found elsewhere in the forum and was then stunned, when Lightroom didn’t allow me to identify the missing folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines