• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flat when importing

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I import new photos and change to Develop the first second the colours look like expected but then the colours look very flat.

Since yesterday. Before everything was fine and on FB pages I saw that I'm not the only one with this problem.

(My screen is calibrated, my monitor can show full RGB spectrum and the profile is Adobe Colour. I didn't make any changes, it just suddenly looks flat and pale)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what software you are using. If LrC, this is normal, first the JPG embedded in the file (which has been edited in camera) is displayed, until the unedited actual RAW image can be demosaiced and displayed. Nothing you can do about it, this can't be turned off. Better solution is to provide presets applied at Import that make the initial appearance of RAW image appear more to your liking.

An explanation from 2007: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/why-did-lr-ruin-my-picture.10418/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @dj_paige explained, what you're seeing is normal. That being said, Adobe have provided Camera Matching profiles for some popular cameras. These prfoiles  are a reasonsable match for the in camera JPEGs, and can be applied during or after import. See attached screenshot of how to access these profiles.

profile browser.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines