Exit

Focus Point Plug In

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On focus point plug in I get this

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 5.20.36 AM.png

 I get this on every image I am using latest LR Classic and MacBook Pro with Catalina any ideas on why it doesnt display image either DNG, CR2 or CR3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This plugin could be partially 32 bits, which means it can't run on MacOS Catalina.

-Moved to the Lightroom Classic forum-

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean 32 bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the suggestion by Johan, it would likley be more beneficial to contact the plugin in vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should definitely contact the plug-in author, because the tighter security restrictions in macOS 10.15 Catalina have interfered with or blocked some plug-ins for other Mac software, for example, Photoshop. If that is the problem with this Lightroom plug-in, the developer might need to release a version that has been properly "notarized" for Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the app developer 6 days ago and have not heard a thing, oh well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirmed that the Show Focus Points plugin uses a third-party utility "mogrify" that is 32-bit:

$ file FocusPoints.lrplugin/bin/imMac/mogrify 
FocusPoints.lrplugin/bin/imMac/mogrify: Mach-O universal binary with 1 architecture: [i386:Mach-O executable i386]
FocusPoints.lrplugin/bin/imMac/mogrify (for architecture i386):	Mach-O executable i386

32-bit programs aren't supported by Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), so you'll definitely have to contact the plugin developer for a new version with a 64-bit version of "mogrify".

(Older programs with 32-bit addressing can use only the first 2^32 = 4 billion bytes of memory. Newer programs have 64-bit addressing and can use much, much more memory -- 2^64 = 10^19 bytes.  Prior to Mac OS 10.15, you could run both 32- and 64-bit programs on Mac OS. But with 10.15, you can only run 64-bit programs.  This isn't a security restriction per se but rather Apple deciding to save engineering costs by phasing out older technology.)

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I contacted the app developer 6 days ago and have not heard a thing, oh well"

The plugin hasn't been updated in 2.5 years.

You could probably fix this bug yourself, with a small amount of effort, by updating the "mogrify" utility to the latest version. I haven't tested this, so there may be gotchas:

1. Install Mac Ports: https://www.macports.org/install.php

2. In Terminal, do this command:

sudo port install imagemagick

3. In Terminal, do this command:

cp `which mogrify` FocusPoints.lrplugin/bin/imMac/mogrify

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines