• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

For Lightroom 4...

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a long time user of Lr, starting with the first beta and I mostly love it.

It was only recently I tried Aperture 3, I wrote an indepth review of Lr 3 vs Aperture 3 (and others) here:

http://www.twin-pixels.com/raw-processors-review-aperture-bibble-capture-one-dxo-lightroom/

1. One thing I really like in Aperture is how nicely integrated the browse/library mode is, compared with Lightroom.

In Aperture, you can edit a picture while in Browse mode (as opposed to Lightroom's Quick Develop, which is pretty much useless). I'd love being able to get into Compare/Survey and still have full control over processing. I also find it confusing that some options are available while in Library mode but not in Develop mode. Things have improved since V1 but I still find the separation between Library and Develop as too artificial and having seen Aperture, I'm sure Lightroom can do better.

2. Another thing from Aperture I'd love to see is how if you have several images selected and change the let's say the Exposure, all images are updated. I know we have Sync and Copy from Previous but again there's room for improvement.

3. The perspective correction is very powerful but sometimes hard to do, especially when you need to alter all three axes. Here I'd like to see a keystoning tool like in DxO.

4. The purple fringing correction is not very powerful, compared to other programs. Capture One and DxO work on high radii  and they seem to correct the luminance in the affected areas as well.

4. Speaking of tools, how about more brushes? Like a Noise brush or a WB brush. How great would it be to be able to make local adjustments to WB.

These are my most important suggestions and I made them not to bash Lightroom, but because I want it to be THE tool for processing Raws.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

liquify is very helpful to many commercial/non-commercial outputs that client requires removal of unwanted bulges in my humble experience.  proper use of it has minimal impact on the destruction of the so called "pixel".  again, in my humble experience anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are confused between "final altering of pixels" and parametric editing.  Any parametric instruction is non-destructive no matter what it does to the image.  For example, both spot removal and perspective correction would be destructive by your thinking but they both are employed in Lightroom.  Where requests like liquify get interesting is in how they will work in combination with other corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I want, more than anything else, is the ability to set keyboard shortcuts for things like white balance, exposure etc (even better if I can adjust these accurately within the library interface).  I know there are third party products that will let me do this, but they cost 3 times what I paid for LR in the first place!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not terribly bothered by the modality of LR. Maybe if I used Aperture I'd feel differently, but moving back and forth doesn't really bother me, especially since in the Libray I can type many edit shortcuts (e.g., 'R' for cropping) and go directly to the edit module. Auto sync works fine for me if I want to adjust a batch of images, which I rarely do.

I would like to see more powerful local edit capabilities, but I'm not sure Adobe will ever threaten PS by incorporating too many of it's capabilities into LR. But I'd like to see all the edit controls available as local edits. I'd like to be able to adjust the sensitivity of the Auto-mask feature, and I'd like to be able to reverse the selection (i.e., select an area, apply some edits, then de-select that and automatially select all the rest of the image to apply other edits.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to lose the barrier between the modules. But both ways please. Being able to see metadata in develop mode and applying relative adjustments like Quick Develop does (try raising Exposure by 10 to several photos in Develop mode) would be nice.

In the end making the UI way more customizable (see most other Adobe programs, Photshop, InDesign, you name it and also Phase One's Capture One) and adding keyboard shortcuts for everything would be a sensible evolution.

Lastly again Capture One is also a good example for exhaustive brush capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas Geist wrote:

Lastly again Capture One is also a good example for exhaustive brush capabilities.

Really, you sure? I find C1's brush to be primitive compared to LR...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I need some help.  I just bought a 2008 Imac 24" with a core 2 duo, 2gb ram.  It had a blown hard drive so I placed a 500Gb in it.  I have not had a Mac since 97.  I downloaded LR 4 to try both of them out, but it won't allow me to install it for some reason.  Would any of you guys know why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Mac you need OS X 10.6.8 or X 10.7.

Minimum system requirements

Macintosh

• Multicore Intel® processor with 64-bit support
  • Mac OS X v10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or v10.7 (Lion)
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 1GB of available hard-disk space
  • 1,024×768 display
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • Internet connection required for Internet-based services
Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read the release notes?

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2012/01/lr4betanowavailable.html

You need OSX 10.6.8 on a 64-bit mac.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The place you should be posting to is the Lightroom 4 Beta Forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines