• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative AI removal areas only updating opacity/variation when certain other gen AI areas updated

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Lightroom Classic Version Number: v13.4
  • OS Version Number: MacOS Sonoma v14.5
  • Hardware: MBP 2020 M1 16GB

Expected behavior: Individual generative AI removal areas will update their opacity and variation rendering when those settings are adjusted in Develop module.

Actual behavior: Some generative AI removal areas do not render changes to opacity/variation when settings are adjusted. Changes will only show up when you subsequently tweak the opacity/variation of a different, unrelated generative AI removal area. 

Not all of the other gen AI areas in the image can trigger this “updating” effect. Tweaks to general develop settings also do not make a difference.

You can reproduce in sample image (DNG with Camera Raw data written in header). The steps outlined below are as demonstrated in screen recording linked here. All remove areas in the image are Gen AI. Image is in HDR edit mode.

1. Adjust opacity and variation on gen AI “blue circle” area. No change is rendered. (It is not just slow to update—I’ve waited a while before.)
  2. Tweak opacity of unrelated gen AI area in upper left. This causes the updates previously made to the blue circle area to actually render.
  3. In screen recording, I repeat to confirm.
  4. Make another adjustment to blue circle area version/opacity. Tweak a different gen AI area, on the right. That change does not cause the blue circle area rendering to update. Another adjustment to the upper left area is what triggers the proper rendering. This shows that not every generative AI area can be tweaked to update the “problem” one. 
  5. Make an adjustment to blue circle area version/opacity. Tweak some general develop settings. Blue circle area does not update when general develop settings are tweaked. Again, a tweak to the upper left gen AI area is what causes the update.

--

I have only seen the behavior when there are overlapping generative AI areas in the image. I realize that probably isn’t intended usage. I was experimenting here for artistic purposes. But, it seems like it definitely shouldn’t be working this way.

--

Note: There's an occasional second “workaround," but not consistently reproducible. Intermittently, returning to the Library module—instead of tweaking that other gen AI area—can cause the rendering update to occur. After tweaking the blue circle opacity/variation, switch back to Library grid view. The proper rendering might show up in the Library grid thumbnail after a few seconds. It may then be properly rendered in the Develop module when you switch back to Develop. This is inconsistent in whether it works or not.

In case the inline links don’t work:

Sample image: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r2sennrhy3pri72eo5pwf/IMG_3907.dng?rlkey=ha5j9sm50gc9stsjviz28nwba&st...

Screen recording: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1dkniqm2l9asvh2hr19xv/gen_ai_remove_issue_screen_recording_720.mov?rl...

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?