• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch in Lightroom Classic CC during Import from SD Card

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am using iMac OS - Mojave 10.14.3 and LR Classic CC 8.2.  I'm experiencing an annoying problem with the import function.  I insert my SD card with raw photos directly to the SD slot on the Mac for import.  As is my practice, I import SOME of the photos from the card because I want them copied to a specific folder on my hard disk.  When I return to the import function with the purpose of importing another group of photos from the same card, LR no longer displays ANY photos available from the card to import.  I have to exit LR and relaunch in order to view the photos on the card for import again.

Is there a way to fix this?  It takes forever to import my photos this way.  Very annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

DrCynthia  wrote

The option to 'eject'  the card after importing is not turned on. 

Try turning it on.  After the first import, the card should be ejected.  Remove it from the SD slot and reinsert it.  You should then be able to import from that card again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if there is an option to "eject" the card after importing. If you find it, turn it off.

- import dialog options

- general LR options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DrCynthia  wrote

Try turning it on.  After the first import, the card should be ejected.  Remove it from the SD slot and reinsert it.  You should then be able to import from that card again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - This did the trick!  Thanks so much.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you import all and then move some to that specific folder in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I could.  But I have a custom naming process.  I'd have to rename all of the files as well when I move them or simply abandon my file naming all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines