Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Acceleration not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

LIghtroomCC, GPU accel not working, getting "Graphics processor acceleration has been disabled due to errors"

My system info is thus

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13283 Core Profile Context 14.501.1003.0

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.40

Driver version

Catalyst 14.12

Open GL version 6.14.10.13283

Tested opengl using some benchmarking tools and it works fine, GPU accel working fine in PhotoshopCC

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Hi Jsyder,

We have been informed that AMD is aware of this.

In the mean while, could you try the suggestions mentioned under Post #54 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1822782?start=40&tstart=0# and check if that makes any difference.

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers, will give that a go and see. Thanks for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, AMD, latest driver. Photoshop works, Cpature One Pro works, Lightroom does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The #54 post worked for my R9 280.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for my Radeon HD6900 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to be helpful, how about reading the thread before offering boilerplate to users that are at least two steps ahead of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working on my Radeon 6900

Sys_Info.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My NVIDIA GTX 970 is also not working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with the Radeon HD6450. Log file has been emailed. Hoping a solution will come up soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My NVidia GeForce GT 750M initially did not work with LR6 ("disabled due to errors") until I went to the Dell web site and got an update to the "Intel HD Graphics driver". Somewhere in the LR6 system requirements I think it says "Intel HD 4400" or better is required.

LR6 now says GPU support is enabled.  However, I don't see any difference in performance - zooming in and out, panning, are unchanged. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem GPU not being to use by Lightroom 6 although GPU box is checked and no fail warning. I have Intel HD 4000 and as you correctly say Adobe says Intel HD4400 or Later is required. Now is Intel HD 4000 separate driver than Intel HD 4400. Or is Intel HD 4400 an update of Intel HD 4000 ? I have been to the manufacturers web site and it says all my drivers are up to date. Just wondering if this could be the problem for me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, there´s a very nice discussion here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1822782?start=0&tstart=0

In short, all of you using up to date AMD drivers should try to remove then (using add/remove programs) and install older drivers. The version that is working for most people (me included) is the one released in March, 25, 2014. Version 14.4.

You can simply try to downgrade and if that doesn´t work, do a full software/driver uninstall, reboot, install drivers/software version 14.4, reboot and check back at the performance tab inside lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONFIRMED!!

14.4 drivers worked for me!!

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Home Premium Edition

Version: 6.3 [9600]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Graphics Processor Info:

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.12874 Core Profile Context 14.100.0.0

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.30

BUT, when i originally uninstalled the drivers manually, via the control panel it DID NOT work. I had to use the AMD driver remover tool listed in the other thread before i could get lightroom to work with my radeon.

Good work to everyone who helped!

Back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeahhh! Catalyst 14.4 works!

AMD HD 7450!

Thanks y'all!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp.

Rolling back to 14.4 worked for Lightroom just fine BUT now my GPU doesn't work with Photoshop. I'm running CC 2014, if I upgrade will it help?

My main issue isn't so much speed with Photoshop, it's that Scrubby Zoom needs GPU acceleration to work, and I need scrubby zoom to work. Anybody have any info on this?

I spend a lot more time Lr than Ps so Im gonna keep my old video drivers, but this is starting to get frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a hardware spec - the 4400 is a newer Intel chip than the 4000.   If the manufacturer web site says there's no available upgrade, maybe you don't have 4400 graphics hardware.  But I'm a little puzzled because you say the 'Use GPU" box is checked and you get no error messages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not made it clear enough, let me try again. I have the Intel HD 4000 driver Version ( 9.17.10.2932 ). Intel says my driver is up to date. But although my GPU is checked and Lightroom 6 CC, gives me no warning message. I still can not use my GPU unless I uncheck. 

Also Camera Raw in Photoshop 2015 CC will not work.

Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bloody hell. two different computers with the same issue. Please assist. I can open my old D5000 Raw photos but not my D610. Graphics Processor Info: Check OpenGL support: Failed Vendor: Intel Version: 3.3.0 - Build 10.18.10.3277 Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 LanguageVersion: 3.30 - Build 10.18.10.3277

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines