• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard-to-Solve "Filter Failed" with Epson Printer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent a few hours trying to troubleshoot this issue. I have a new Epson SureColor P700 printer, but can't get it to print from Lightroom Classic v9.3.  
Trying to isolate the problem, I spent an hour on the phone with Epson, who concluded it's a Mac problem, and then another hour with Apple, who concluded it's a Lightroom problem. I won't go through all the troubleshooting steps we took, but I did uninstall and reinstall the Epson driver three times, and checked virtually every setting on the Mac side. On the recommendation of the Epson rep, I've "reset the Mac printing system" several times by deleting the printer and all associated files and adding it back in. Didn't fix the problem.

After lots of experimentation, the Apple rep decided the problem lies with the Printer Settings that are available in the Print dialog box that you get when you hit Print in Lightroom. 
I'm able to print to the P700 from other applications, and also by selecting the Bonjour version of the printer instead of the TCPIP version, but then I get no Printer Settings choices—so that's not an acceptable workaround. According to Apple tech support, the Printer Settings in the dialog box are the 'filter' referred to in this "Filter failed" error message. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 2.32.00 PM.png

SO, I'm at a loss for how to solve this. I've also tried many different settings for the ICC profile in Lightroom, and for Media Type and Print Quality in the Print dialog box, but always get the 'Filter failed' message and the file doesn't print. 
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darnit, I'm getting this 'Filter' failed error trying to print to my Epson 3880. I shall read on......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this video solved it for me. I'd not deleted all the cache or emptied my trash folder. Short vid, followed all the steps then downloaded correct driver from Epson (not Apple). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzDaYVOGW3o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines