• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I upgrade to Lightroom 6 from version 5 without the Creative Cloud? I just want Lightroom.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I upgrade to Lightroom 6 from version 5  without the Creative Cloud? I just want Lightroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Found it :

Lightroom CC/6 Branding

• The branding has changed – it’s now Lightroom CC for subscribers and Lightroom 6 for perpetual licenses.
  • Perpetual licenses ARE still available but they’re hard to find on Adobe’s website! It’s $149 for new licenses and $79 for upgrades.
  • Full boxed versions are available from third parties such as Amazon. Upgrades are only available direct from Adobe (click this link, then click Buy, then change it to an upgrade. If you’re not in the USA, select your country bottom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is highly successful with the subscription model. If you do not want that, you need to quit and go over to DxO or similar. But the photographers plan has a lot to offer. My guess is that LR7 will not come out and LR6 will be the last perpetual license. But I may be wrong on this.

BTW: Adobe is learning as they risked to loose photographers. So they made a special package only for those. And that one is a cheap one, if I look at my other running costs. My cameras cost a lot more...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cscottflanagan wrote:

dj_paige The issue I have is that yes, I can renew my standalone version of LR for $79, but in an earlier post you said we get a lot more features with the CC version. So if we can do either, why are they watering down one version versus the other. Personally, I HAVE to upgrade from LR5 because I bought a Nikon D750, and according to Adobe version 6 is needed in order to tether. It seems clear that Adobe is driving the herd to the cloud. I just want the FULL featured version of LR6 for $79, not for $120 per year. Or better yet, give me tethering codecs for the new D750 camera and I'll stick with LR5!

You don't HAVE to upgrade. Adobe provides a FREE DNG converter that will enable you to convert your NEF files to the Digital negative format and you can continue using them with the older version of Lightroom. Lightroom 6 is not "watered down". Just like any standalone version of any software, Lightroom 6 has all the features that were available when it was released. Lightroom CC receives feature updates as well as camera support updates whenever they become available. Again, just like any other standalone software, Lightroom 6 will not receive the feature updates. You haven't paid for them, and shouldn't expect them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that you can. That said, the CC Photography bundle (Lightroom + Photoshop) is only about $12/month after tax, and gives you unlimited upgrade for the term of your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CutterBl wrote:

I don't know that you can.

Of course you can upgrade to Lightroom 6 and not have any Creative Cloud features (and no Photoshop either) for 79 US Dollars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I was unaware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines