• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long should LrC ver. 10.1.1 take to load and function properly in Windows 10 with latest updates

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having performance issues with the latest version of lightroom classic. It takes 2.5 - 3 minutes to function normally with messages "not responding" and screen turning opaque for some seconds before I can use the programm.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a lot better than the 2.5-3.0 minutes you originally stated. In LrC go to File> Plug-in Manager and post a screenshot or list of the plug-ins you have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-03 095008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that Revo uninstaller indicates that LrC is only 32bit

Screenshot 2021-02-03 111107.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In November a couple of us experienced very slow start up times (60 seconds to 5 minutes) for LR, Photoshop, and Premiere:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lr-launch-time-increases-over-time-with-big-sur.416...

Given that multiple Creative Cloud apps experienced the same symptoms, we guessed that it was an issue with CC license-checking. The other person turned off his Internet connection, and LR started up immediately.   The symptoms went away after a couple days.

So you might try turning off your Internet connection (e.g. Wifi if you don't have an ethernet cable) and seeing if LR starts any faster.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input, I tried that but still around 80 seconds till fully operational.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plug-ins are LrC defaults so not an issue. How much free space do you have on your C: drive and the drive(s) where your picture files are located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I notice that Revo uninstaller indicates that LrC is only 32bit"

LrC should install on Windows 10 as a 64 bit application in C: Program Files/ Adobe/ Adobe Lightroom Classic folder. If not installed there I suggest uninstalling LrC, restarting your system, and then reinstalling LrC 10.1.1. In fact lets go ahead and try a reintsall.

1) Open the Creative Cloud app, scroll down to Lightroom Classic, click on the three dots next to Open, and click on Uninstall.

2) Once completed shutdown and restart your system.

3) Open the Creative Cloud app, scroll down to Lightroom Classic, and click on Install.

Try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C. drive 260GB free, D. drive 1.22TB free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change after reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thing to try and I'm out of ideas. A LrC uninstal and reinstall utilizes the old Preferences file, which my be corrupt and causing your issue. Make sure you know where your LrC .lrcat file is located, close LrC, hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and restart LrC. When prompted navigate to your current .lrcat file and see see if it opens faster. You may need to close and reopen LrC again to see the affect of the new default Preferneces file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the current Ircat file messScreenshot 2021-02-03 165530.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a mess. Close LrC and delete all of the files named Temporary Import Data. They are not needed. Your most recent catalog is named Lightroom Catalog-v10-2.lrcat, which is what you should see in the top-left bar inside LrC. If it's different then you need to decide what you're really using for your most current working catalog. The older Lightroom Catalog-v10 catalog components aren't needed if you're happy with the contetnts in the Lightroom Catalog-v10-2.lrcat. In addition you're showing a Backups folder. Your catalog backups should be on different drive and preferably a drive dedicated for backup purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalogue backup folder is already backed up to an external hard drive, will consolidate the other Ircat files.  Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to combine the LrC catalogue v10.Ircat with v10-2.Ircat or do I delete

the older one ? Then there is Lightroom Catalogue 5.Ircat which belongs to my

older standalone version .. do I delete the Lightroom Catalogue.Ircat ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The v10-2.lrcat catalog should be an upgraded version of your v10.lrcat catalog. Your LR 5 catalog was probably upgraded when you installed LrC 10.0 or an earlier version of LrC. I would open all three one-at-a-time and then compare number of pictures in the Library> Catalog panel 'All Photographs.' Going forward you should use only one catalog (v10-2.lrcat). Also there is no way to take a newer catalog backwards if you decide to go back to LR 5. I would place a backup copy of your old v10 and v5 .lrcat catalog files on your backup drive in case you need them for some reason later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your advice over the last few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines