• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export Lightroom 5.7 catalog to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will install Lightroom Classic to a new laptop. How can import /export Lightroom 5.7 Catalog from my old computer to the new version of Lightroom? Are the Catalog versions compatible? If not, what shall I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for import or export. Just copy the file to the new computer, then in Lightroom Classic, select File->Open Catalog and point to your LR 5.7 catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow these instructions to make sure you copy all the needed files to the new computer.

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

When LR 10.x opens the old v5.7 catalog, it will migrate your old data to a new v10 catalog leaving the old catalog unchanged. However, the two versions of the catalogs cannot be mixed-matched with the software versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to install Lightroom Classic and upgrade my old Catalog to v.10. All my photofolders are visible but Lightroom doesn't find the picturefiles. I run  "Find all Missing Files" but it didn't help. When I click Locate, I find the photos with the filenames I have given in 5.7 version. I can rename the photos one by one but there are thousands...

How to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to install Lightroom Classic and upgrade my old Catalog to v.10. 

Please explain, step-by-step, how you upgraded your old catalog to v 10. Please tell us if you followed the instructions at Lightroomqueen.com exactly, or did you deviate from them and perform other steps not in the instructions.

"Find All Missing Photos" or "Find Missing Files"? You want to use "Find Missing Files" if I understand you properly. Is that what you did? (It's not what you said)

Please explain why you think you need to rename, this is not something that I would expect based on anything you have written.

Can you show us some screen captures of what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you changed computers, your files may be in different places now. (Different drive letters or drive names.) Lightroom knows the difference between missing files and file in missing folders. You must fix the missing folders first.

In the Folders panel, for each of the top-most folders marked as missing "?", select it, right-click, find missing folder, navigate to the new location. Repeat as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I had to import some of the photos again. Some of them were already in LR but without metadata. I could't figure any pattern in them but now everything is ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading along, importing is never the right thing to do when you switch your LrC catalog from one computer to another. The instructions given at LightroomQueen.com (link above) are the correct instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know what other options I had left. LR Classic automatically upgraded the old Catalog and linked the files correctly. The problem was photos (not all) which were invisible, ie. I saw the keywords but not the pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The method to link the photos is given at http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Upgrading the catalog should not cause photos to be improperly linked in the new catalog; unless the photos were not properly linked before the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines