Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make the secondary monitor open on my main monitor

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

There are plenty of posts on Google about the secondary monitor not opening on the correct monitor, and the main fix is to go into the Display settings and change the monitors around and identify them as different numbers.

However, I like the current figuration of my monitors, and I want Lightroom to open on my secondary monitor and then have the Loupe - Normal to open on my main monitor, as that is the better quality monitor. Dragging over lightroom to my second monitor doesn't work, because when I go to activate the Loupe - Normal, it just opens on the same monitor and goes over the top of the editing window.

Any help?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The procedure should be simple. 

Start LrC with only the main window active. If it's starting on the "wrong" monitor, drag it to the preferred monitor, which should be remembered for subsequent restarts. Test this by closing LrC then starting it again, it should now open on the same (preferred) monitor that it was on when you closed it.

With that fixed, open LrC's Preferences>Display tab, there you click on the monitor that you want the secondary window to open on. And that should be all that's needed. Click on the secondary window button in LrC to test that it's working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines