• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move all my photographs to new external SSD drive with more space...

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for reading my post...

I have all my photographs on an external hard drive. I am running out of space so I have a new SSD external drive and I wish to move my entire collection of photographs over to the new SSD external drive. I dont keep any images on my internal drive they are all on an external drive. 

I want to move everything over to the new SSD drive and would appreciate some expert guidance before I do this please. 

I am using a 2023 Macbook Pro and running LR Classic v 13.3

I have a large collection of images (89000 plus)

As I have not done this before I really would be grateful for a pointer to a tuitorial or some first hand advice.

Thank you so much....

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a MacBook Pro and an iMac...I keep all my photos on an 8TB LaCie (I named Photostorage Minni) and I also bakup to an 8 TB LaCie.. I use Carbon Copy Cloner to copy my LR catalogue to my LaCies..  I call my main photo drive...Photostorage Minni...DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THE MAIN PHOTO SOURCE...WHEN YOU START CHANGING THE NAME IS WHEN YOU GET IN  TROUBLE..as least that is what I have found...(the hard way)  .... I will be interestd to see how other perform this task..  I also have LR 13.3 and have a few thousand more photos.  It takes a good 15 to 18 hours to compolete the task on my iMac..  You can also call Adobe -   1-800-833-6687 for suggestions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply.... Youre right about how long it takes too.... thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you the links were a great help.....job done....!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines