• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop White Balance from editing on it's own

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom Classic on my new Macbook Pro laptop and cannot figure out why, when I am editing in the develop module, every few pictures that I scroll through are showing in the history tab that the white balance has been edited to "As shot" when I haven't even touched the while balance at all. They aren't images I want to edit so it's super frustrating when I sort by edit time to export images and all the images I don't want to be part of my gallery are mixed in because they are showing that the white balance has been edited. How do I stop accidentally editing the white balance?! I never had this problem for the last 7 years I used Lightroom on my iMac.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 1.32.16 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reproduced the issue and recorded it on video. Watch as I browse through the images without adjusting anything, then out of nothing, one of the images get a White Balance adjust. I did not do it, as you can see, my mouse was still.

https://youtu.be/onPtydRKezw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange behavior.

Try resetting the preferences. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling/reinstalling.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Per!

I'm only replying now due to some changes I made in my computer. I have upgraded the motherboard, CPU and ram, and honesly since, I haven't noticed any random adjustments when cycling my photos in the catalog. I assume this is somewhat related to hardware, possibly a CPU glitch. I used to have an AMD 6 core, and now I have an i5 12400F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having thos same issue about a couple months ago and its driving me absolutely insane because it makes it impossible to create smart gallery "with adjustments" of only my edited photos for export. I'm 2 seconds away from downloading Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OKAY so I did a screen record to capture what this issue is for proof. LR seesm to be automatically RANDOMLY applying a "Auto WB' adjustment to RANDOM photos when you scroll through your catalogue with the arrow keys... WHY WHY WHY this is insanely frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines