• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to View and Export Only Edited Images in Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I'm done editing photos in Lightroom, I like to later export them or move them to another folder... such as a "web" folder or something similar. The thing is, I don't edit all of the given images in a folder, but only certain, individual ones. So when viewing my library, the ones I edited in Lightroom are mixed in with all the non-edited ones. They are not in order of which photos have been edited or not, but mixed in and scattered into the entire folder. So when I go to export ONLY the edited ones, I have to search around and distinguish which ones look like they were processed via Lightroom, add them to a quick collection, then export them from the quick collecton. Is there a simpler way to view ONLY the edited images you edited in Lightroom? I tried sorting by file name, by edit time, etc, but they're still all jumbled with the other pictures. Unless I rename the files, the "sorting by filename" will not work. I really wish I knew an easier way to view/sort only the images I had edited or somehow manipulated in Lightroom, so selection for exporting those would be much easier. I wouldn't have to squint my eyes to look for the pictures that appear to have been edited in Lightroom amongst the entire folder. Does anyone know of a solution? Thank you.

I use Lightroom 3.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

No need to use smart collections. In "Library" view, hist CTRL-F to find. Click "Attribute". Got to EDITS and select the symbol that represents "HAS edits", not the one that represents "NO edits". 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

This question has been asked more than 6 years ago. At that time the answer was true and correct. Today there is a direct filter function available. There is no need anymore to do above’s instuctions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I flag mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also Colour Labels, Ratings,  or Keywords....plus of course the Smart Collection criteria "Has Adjustments>Is True", though you'd probably have to pair that with some other selection criteria such as date or date range (or you'll get every image in the catalog in the SC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think using the color labels and adding them to the quick collection will work for me right now...

If anyone else has ideas on a better solution, please let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A small portion of John Beardsworth's smart collections contains the answer ... you can create a smart collection to show what photos have adjustments

http://www.beardsworth.co.uk/lightroom/workflow-smart-collections/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To save you time (I have both this and the opposite set up):

Library>New Smart Collection (or create in the Collections panel)

Choose name & location

Match: All

Change "Rating" to "Has Adjustments" (scroll way down, it's 6th from bottom)

It should default to "true" on the right, if not swap this as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you cdeverett!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a lifesaver!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow is as follows:

After a shooting, I walk throug the pictures, flagging the good ones, rejecting the bad ones. The bad ones get deleted.

Then I filter in the good ones, and edit those. If some further selection is needed, I colour code them. It may be that some get only selected for web, others also for print.

If need to select further, I use stars.

If I need a very precise selection, I create collections, either smart collection or simple collections, where I add the image manually.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious solution with the Smart Collection "Has Adjustments" and "Is True" doesn't work for me in LR CC. All my photos have entries in the protocol which are not due to development, e.g.

- Export of Metadata

- Synchronising of Settings

So I didn't find a way to select those photos which got development settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you Synced settings then you have Develop them.

Not sure what exporting the metadata has to do with it unless you also imported metadata into other images. In that case you have made adjustments to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's obviously like that. Even exporting to disk is an adjustment. So anything which shows up in the protocol except the 1st import is an adjustment, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting is not considered an adjustment.

"Edit in Photoshop" is not an adjustment when the "edit in" created that version of the file.

Obviously your edits are an adjustment.

Any preset applied during the import process is an adjustment.

An import without any presets is not an adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Obviously your edits are an adjustment.«

I didn't touch at all these photos. The only thing I can imagine is that some days before I had marked them by accident when I wanted to export one photo. Now these photos have only the »Exported (date...)« in the protocol but NOT the +/- signature in the lower right corner of the thumbnail. Nevertheless they show up when I select "Has Adjustments" and "Is True" in a smart group.

In my understanding  "Has Adjustments" and "Is True" is equivalent to the signature +/– in the corner of the thumbnail.

I can't find out what ist the reason or the trigger for this behaviour. And I'm not at all a beginner...

2017-02-05 13:23:48 ::  Add:

I just fount a lot of videos in the LR collection with a +/– signature. But videos can't be adjusted in LR and the protocol is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is something to consider in this situation. Whenever you import images the default settings are applied to those images. Seems to me that it's possible that just applying the default settings could change that flag so that the image is identified by Lightroom as having adjustments. I haven't tried this idea because these kinds of things don't concern me. But in the presets folder there is a preset called "Zeroed" that seems to set all of the basic adjustment settings to 0. You could try applying that preset to an image and then save new camera defaults to see if that would solve your problem. Then you could reset images that have already been imported and see if your filter works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to use smart collections. In "Library" view, hist CTRL-F to find. Click "Attribute". Got to EDITS and select the symbol that represents "HAS edits", not the one that represents "NO edits". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question has been asked more than 6 years ago. At that time the answer was true and correct. Today there is a direct filter function available. There is no need anymore to do above’s instuctions.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines