• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open photoshop from lightroom

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open photoshop (v.25) from lightroom (v.12.5) 

I can't open photoshop from lightroom, the option is turned off

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, the first step is to try this:

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Application to uninstall Photoshop. When asked, keep preferences! After this reinstall Photoshop again.

If this doesn't help the nest step is to reinstall both apps Lightroom and Photoshop. Please folloe the steps below:

1. Open the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Client and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. When asked, keep preferences! 

2. Install Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

That helped me, without removing the preferences 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, the first step is to try this:

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Application to uninstall Photoshop. When asked, keep preferences! After this reinstall Photoshop again.

If this doesn't help the nest step is to reinstall both apps Lightroom and Photoshop. Please folloe the steps below:

1. Open the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Client and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. When asked, keep preferences! 

2. Install Photoshop first and then Lightroom Classic. The right order is very important here!

If this doesn't help try the reinstallation with removing the preferences also.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped me, without removing the preferences 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues and just tried all of this (uninstall keeping preferences, uninstall deleting preferences, etc.) but am still experiencing the same problem. Trying to open in Photoshop just causes Photoshop to freeze. Photoshop on it's own if fine. Lightroom on it's own is fine. Getting these two Adobe products to work together, not so much. Any other tips would be appreciated. Just so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues and just tried all of this (uninstall keeping preferences, uninstall deleting preferences, etc.) but am still experiencing the same problem. Trying to open in Photoshop just causes Photoshop to freeze. Photoshop on it's own if fine. Lightroom on it's own is fine. Getting these two Adobe products to work together, not so much. Any other tips would be appreciated. Just so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARe you on Mac or PC and which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac. Sonoma. Was working fine originally until I did an update to Creative Suite. Now photoshop just freezes ifni attempt to open photos from Lightroom..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still soumnds like the link from LR to PS is somehow broken or not responding.

When you tied uninstalling deleting preferences and then reinstalled PS and LR, did you try shutting down the computer after uninstalling and before reinstalling both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't tried that. I'll give that a go as the next steps. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. No luck. Uninstalled, removing all the settings, restarted, reinstalled. Same problem. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching the site to see if anyone else had reported this issue. If I understand correctly, you upgraded to Sonoma and both PS and LR are working however you cannot open Photoshop from Lightroom?

I do not yet have SOnoma installed, so I cannot follow the links... and I have not been able to find any other answers. I am hoping one of the other community can help..???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite. I don't believe it was related to Sonoma. I believe it was related to an update to Creative Suite. Everything was working fine and then after an update of PS and LR, the link got broken. I have no problems working with Photoshop or Lightroom in any way. But even with PS open, if I'm in Lightroom and ask to edit a file in PS, PS freezed and stops responding, forcing me to restart PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem since the update to 25.7. When I try to open several files (e.g. 5) from Lightroom Classic in Photoshop, it does not work. A single file works. This is quite annoying as I always have to edit many files.
After I went back to Photoshop 25.6, the problem is solved.
And I have Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dayam!! That did the trick! And I'm on MacOS so it's even a different system. It's working properly again! Thanks for the suggestion. I guess Adobe needs to fix what they broke with the newest PS update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this would help, but there have been reports in the past that the drive that Photoshop uses did not have enough space to open Photoshop and make edits, so can you see how much space you have on whatever drive you were using probably your internal drive. It could be that downloading the whole new creative suite and Sonoma somehow your drive was filled up And not left enough space I believe Photoshop needs something like five times the space of a file the size of a file to even do anything. I'm not sure about that number, but that has been a problem in the past for some people. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, that's not an issue. Lots of storage on both the drive PS is installed on and the one the files are on. The previous suggestion of going back one update resolved the problem though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines