• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If your VSCO Film profiles are stubbornly "not found" in Lightroom Classic CC v8.1

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved my problem. I am making this post for other people who have this problem.

I was trying to get VSCO Film working in Lightroom Classic CC 8.1 on Mac.

All the camera-profile settings display an error, "Profile missing".

I already knew that I need to be using a profile for the right kind of camera, and that the camera must be supported. I verified that I was using the Sony presets with my Sony A7R III; I had shot in .raw and the camera was accurately identified as ILCE-7RM3 in the metadata.

Nearby threads​​ noted that the 7.1 upgrade saw a lot of profiles moved, and lots of people had trouble as a result. I made sure that all the profiles are were in folders like:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/VSCO Film 01 Sony Profiles

I heard rumors there that it might be better if I moved them to CameraProfiles/ but this did not help so I moved them back.

I attempted to import a single profile using the Lightroom camera profile manager UI. This worked, and the profile was no longer listed as Not Found, but I found that the operation had duplicated the profile to CameraProfiles/Imported Profiles/. This process was also tedious. I began to look for an alternative. At that point I noticed that the import also seems to have updated the file CameraProfiles/index.dat. I tried deleting this file and then restarting LightRoom. All profiles were now available.

In summary:

If you are having trouble with VSCO film profiles in Lightroom CC and the profiles are in the right place, delete CameraProfiles/index.dat then restart Lightroom Classic CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I've looked all over the internet, since I don't have the 7RM3 profile in my VSCO files, but I can't seem to find that profile. I assume that it exists, if you have it. Would you mind sharing it as it's no longer available from VSCO? Thank you! P.S.: And do you happen to know, if VSCO made a custom Profile for the Fujifilm X-E3 as well? I don't have that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines