Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image panel in lightroom Classic too Small

Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I had to have Best Buy run a full checkup on my laptop, and when I got it back the side screens in Lightroom are way larger than it should. I tried to make them smaller dragging the edges and still not working as it should. Together both side panels are the size of the image in the center.

Is there a way in the Interface, or the View panel that would help?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in the preferences the font size:

Abambo_0-1693308636444.png

You need to restart Lightroom Classic after modifying this parameter.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a few times to change the font to medium and restart Lightroom but every time The font size would go back to default.

Is there something I should do that I am missing?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the setting then?

Obviously, the parameter is stored somewhere in the roaming section of the user setting. It may be that this is "write" protected. Automatic (default) should show a correct size.

Is the screen resolution set correctly?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about. In the Font Size
it's '*automatic (default)*', which is shown as "*large 150% (currrent)*".
I changed it to* Medium* and restarted Lightroom but nothing changed.

The display resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (recommended)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Windows expert (I use a Mac), but in the Windows version of Lightroom Classic, does “Automatic (Default)” refer to the Scale and Layout setting in Settings / Display in Microsoft Windows (not Lightroom Classic)? If so, does Lightroom Classic look OK if the setting in Windows display settings is set to 100%?

The reason I ask is because if I remember correctly, the Windows system default for display scaling is 100%, but the earlier reply above says the default on that computer is now set to “large 150% (currrent)”. If the Windows system setting for display scaling was somehow set to 150% at Best Buy, instead of the usual 100%, that might be rippling through to apps like Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I got around to starting up my old Windows 10 virtual machine, and I think I have confirmed this theory:

In Lightroom Classic, when you choose a Font Size of Automatic (Default), Default means it will make its scaling match the percentage value in Windows Display settings, as shown in the figure below.

Lightroom-Classic-Windows-scaling-prefs.jpg

If the computer came back from Best Buy with Windows Display Scaling set to 150%, then Lightroom Classic Font Size set to Automatic (Default) would follow that, and it would look like the top row of pictures below: 150% larger than normal.

If Windows Display Scaling is set to 100% (Recommended), then after restarting Lightroom Classic, its Font Size set to Automatic (Default) should follow Windows and return to the normal 100% scaling, as shown in the bottom row of pictures below.

Lightroom-Classic-Windows-scaling.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for help but it still does not work. The recommended size for my laptop is 150%, not 100%; the display resolution recommended is 1920 x 1080. I followed your suggestion changing the laptop display at 100% and Lr to automatic, but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following your instructions, it really fixed Lightroom, but now the font throughout the computer is tiny. What I'll do it's to let it like that while on Lr.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines