• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Size Upon Export.

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have clicked on something that I shouldn't have because now on export I can't adjust the image size in the way i always have.  I normally set the height and let the width float by leaving it at zero.  The options I now see don't let me do that.  What happened ???

Thank You !!!

Joe Kulik ... Vallejo CA 94591

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

What I said was that you should make sure that the File Setting is not 'Original'. If it is set to JPEG, then you should be able to click the 'Resize to Fit' checkbox. So what is still the problem? Can you post a screenshot to explain it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

We're sorry to hear about this, could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_...

How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sahil:  I did successfully reset the preferences, but my problem still persists.  Another reply suggested that I check the "Export Dialog" box butt I could find no such option on Lr.

Please help me !!!

My Lr is useless if I can't export the properly sized photos.

Thank You !!!

Joe Kulik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SoExperienced  wrote

Dear Sahil:  I did successfully reset the preferences, but my problem still persists.  Another reply suggested that I check the "Export Dialog" box butt I could find no such option on Lr.

Please help me !!!

My Lr is useless if I can't export the properly sized photos.

Thank You !!!

Joe Kulik

The window, AKA Dialog Box, that comes up when you click the Export Button. It is in that window, Dialog Box, that all the settings are set for exporting an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to File> Export and adjust the settings as shown in red below. If you don't see that post a screenshot of what you are seeing. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the initial post, I get the impression that the OP knows how to use the Export dialog. It's just that he somehow can't set the resize option. That would be the case if he chose 'As Original' in the File Settings block. As already suggested by Jim and me, but the OP does not seem to react to that suggestion...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you reset the preferences file, simply check in the Export Dialog>File Settings that you haven't set the Image Format to either "Original" or "DNG". Neither of these two options will allow you to set the image size, they will both export the full resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you have not chosen to export 'As Original' or 'DNG'. You can't resize an original, because then it isn't an original anymore.

Lightroom.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a whim, but make sure you are running Lightroom Classic and not Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC does not have most of the options you get in Classic's export dialog. If by accident you installed Lightroom CC instead of Classic everything will have changed on you. Many people by accident install Lightroom CC which is a port of the mobile OS app to the desktop and has almost none of the features you are used to probably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked the Export Dialog Box and it is set according to the red boxes in the pic posted by Todd Shaner.

However, I found a problem when I went to File Settings as suggested by JohnE154.

It was set to "JPEG" instead of "Original".

But when I did set it to "Original", something weird happened.

The whole Image Sizing section just went dead.

It was "faded" and I couldn't click "Resize to fit".

In fact, as soon as I set File Settings to Original, the Image Sizing became "dead" and inaccessible to me.

Please Help !!!

Thank You !!!

Joe Kulik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I said was that you should make sure that the File Setting is not 'Original'. If it is set to JPEG, then you should be able to click the 'Resize to Fit' checkbox. So what is still the problem? Can you post a screenshot to explain it?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You VERY Much !!!

Your solution worked perfectly.

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason it goes dead when you choose File Format "Original" is that Original designed to give you an exact copy of your original raw (or JPEG) file - so resizing is not an option.  It's also not an option if you're exporting a video file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines