• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import button grayed out?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My import button is always grayed out now.  I can't import anything.  I've deleted and reloaded Lightroom.  When I open a fresh new catalog the import button reappears, but when I open any of my backed up catalogs, there is no import button.  Thank you for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Thank you all for your replies.  It was the Import Button in the Library Module, and it turned out that resetting my Preferences brought the Import Button back to life.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No replies yet?

Can you access Import from the Menu (File>Import Photos and video)  or press [ Ctrl+Shift+i ] ?

Can you supply a screen clip showing the 'greyed' Import button?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nice one mate. That worked for me.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aimed at a folder where all the images are already greyed/imported? If so, the Import button will be greyed out. Try putting a fresh image on Desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two Import buttons in the Lightroom interface; one at the bottom left corner of the Library module, the one to which wobertc referred, and one at the bottom right of the Import dialog page, to which joefry referred. Perhaps you should clarify which button you are referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in the Library module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your replies.  It was the Import Button in the Library Module, and it turned out that resetting my Preferences brought the Import Button back to life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, how did you reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some links on resetting the Preferences file-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/resetting-the-lightroom-preferences-file-updated.25197/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines