• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import error stops previews being generated

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a whole load of photos yesterday and so set myfiles to import overnight so I didn't have to wait for LR to make its previews etc in the morning.

Woke up to an error message saying "XXXX.mov" failed to import. (or similar. There was an error importing a video at least).

I clicked ok (only possible action) and *then* LR showed a '2 tasks' bar in the top left. "Rendering smart previews" and "search index update". For all the photos. Photos that had been present for hours, but until I clicked 'OK' apparently nothing happens?

Can Lightroom trigger the 'import done, lets start making previews in the background' process without wating for a simple OK confirmation to complete first?

I see no reason that these tasks had to wait till after I was told the video is not a part of it. Other errors where a change can be made, or where the import has failed entirely sure. But here the only possible action is "OK" -> wait now for previews

LrC 10.3

Windows 10 20H2 -  19042.1052

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feature suggestions should go directly to Adobe at https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872. We are not Adobe in this forum, we are just other Lightroom Classic users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines