• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported SSD Folder Dissapeared

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping some of you have insights into what happened here. I opened an old catalog this morning to do some maintence and clean up. When I finished and reopended my most recent catalog, my SSD no longer appears as a Folder, furthermore, none of the files are appearing in Lightroom. Files I have culled/processed/exported, none of them are there. I've re-imported the SSD, and now the files are there, yet with none of the adjustments/culling I've made. What happened? What have I done? Is it fixable? There are some pretty large jobs in this folder and I'd love to start from scratch.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you opened the wrong catalog?

Did the drive's name change?

Re-importing always is a bad idea and really the absolute last resort. The history on the re-imported files is lost. 

I suggest opening the last backup of the catalog that is ok and work on fixing the issue from there.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as @F. McLion says, perhaps you imported these photos into a different catalog. A good reason to use one catalog.

Other possibility: You imported using COPY instead of ADD so the photos are now in a different folder that you think they are in. Please search for these photos in Lightroom Classic. Follow ALL four of these steps in order:

1. In the Lightroom Classic Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Classic Filter Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines