• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing error / failure in LRC 13.3.1.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT HELP / SUPPORT NEEDED

Im Having the same issues with RAW files (.ARW).

My work flow includes me dragging from Photomechanic (as I shoot a lot of sports, and I set my Metadata there), and I see the failure / Error message (pic below) when hitting the import button in LRC .
As a work around, I moved the selection of raw images in to a seperate folder, and tried to import from there... and faced the same issue. 
Im not quite convinced that the files have been corrupted as I can see the photos through other applications (PS, Photo Mechanic, and even lightroom itself, however it just seems to error out on the import.

AnupBPhotography_0-1718900165188.png

Computer Setup:
Macbook Pro 16" 2023, M2 Max, 96gb RAM, MAC-oS: 14.5
Camera's: Sony A1, Sony A7iv

[Moved from ‘Bugs’ to ‘Discussions’ by moderator, according to forum rules. A ‘bug’ is not just another word for a problem with software.]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing with COPY or MOVE or ADD or Copy as DNG?

Can you post one of these image files on DropBox or similar (and share the link with us) so we can take a look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you importing with COPY or MOVE or ADD or Copy as DNG? - I have tried all four as a test and got the same error box back. I also changed where the destination folder is stored, and then tried all four, and got the same error box...

The link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y3M6e2HnM4uShHhlvmTNrtRl2KB3K5h9?usp=drive_link

I have also included the .xmp file as well as another file from an additional event for you to check (if needed). 

Thanks in advance!

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When I get home I will take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These two photos iimport into LrC 13.3.1 properly on my Windows 11 computer.

Just a guess ... take the punctuation out of the file names (except leave the dot in front of ARW) and see if you can import it with the different names. Also, try putting one or two of the photos on your Mac's desktop and try importing from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...

I will try the name change now.

Re. putting the photos on the desktop... Thats where they were:

As a work around, I moved the selection of raw images in to a seperate folder, and tried to import from there... and faced the same issue. 

I will update shortly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACT same problem. And it seems absurd. I've changed around the raw settings on my a74 camera, but normally, all of them will import. But now: NO preview, and no import. I get the same error page as you. The files are not corrupted, they import into Photoshop fine, and even LR (the online version)

I have a modern win11 thinkpad with no other issues.

However I see that LRC is version 11.3.1 and camera raw is version 14.3. Could this be the issue?

Did you solve yours?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the information requested above. Also, do you mean Sony A7 IV ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know which information, but no, no copy during import at least. 'Yes, Sony a74 means Sony a7iv'.

Turns out I had an old version of LRC with an old version of Camera Raw too (as I stated above, I realized). I updated this one manually, and now it works 🙂
But I thought Adobe's Creative Cloud's updating system would keep me updated, but it sure didn't. So anyone else have this problem, go manually to ACC and look for lates LRC version and see if that helps.

THX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines