• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing/Exporting and everything in between is SLOW!!!!

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's what I'm doing while I'm waiting on 382 files to import going on 10 plus minutes so far.

I'm running Lightroom Classic 7.3.1 on a 2015 MacBook Pro. High Sierra 10.13.5, 16gb RAM, 500gb SSD with 321gb available space. This is what my computer does when importing/exporting files:

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 1.39.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 1.48.30 PM.png

Lightroom is going to kill my computer.... Any suggestions. It's a total CPU HOG!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that facial recognition is turned off, and make sure that synchronizing with Lightroom CC is turned off. This doesn't mean that you should say something like "I never turned them on" or "I don't use them". It means that you actually check the current settings by looking at them with your own eyeballs to make sure that they are turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even have the Lightroom CC version installed so there's nothing for Lightroom Classic to sync to there. But I checked anyway and synchronization is not turned on. Also, double checked that facial recognition is turned off and as I thought, it was. Lightroom Classic has gotten progressively worse for me with each new update since 7.1 and when I open it up, my fan speeds automatically jump to around 4k rpm and then immediately go to 6k rpm as soon as I start editing anything. My CPU temps are right around the 138-145 range the entire time. I've also cleaned all the dust out of my computer hoping that would create better airflow and stop the fans from running crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even have the Lightroom CC version installed so there's nothing for Lightroom Classic to sync to there.

For future readers of this thread: LR Classic syncs with the Lightroom Creative Cloud, which includes LR Web, LR Mobile, and LR CC (the desktop app). It isn't necessary to have LR CC installed for LR Classic to sync with the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting I must check whether its set up to sync or not.

I find 7.3.1 a complete dog of a lightroom version.

Very slow importing photographs and forever freezing up and  having to shut it down.

Maybe I have unreasonable expectations but I expect when I upgrade my lightroom to the newest version that it just works.

I think its getting more and more bloated as a piece of software and I'm starting to question its value at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines