• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing iphone photos Dont go to dated folder

Participant ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am New to the Apple Iphone world coming over from Andriod. but a issue I have with Iphone 13 Max and LR classic 11.1 and Windows 10.

When I normally import Photos from my Canon DSLR I place them in folders by file capture Date. This works correctly.

BUT

When I attempt to import iphone Photos into LR Classic, the software does not seem to Import and place the phtographs in the proper dated Folder.  Could this be a issue with EXIF data in the iphone? 

Anyone else have this issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you importing the iPhone photos into LrC? Do you use cloud syncing to achieve that (it's by far the easiest method), or are you connecting the phone to your Windows system by cable and thus using LrC's Import process?

If the latter, are you using the exact same import settings that you use when importing from your DSLR? In which case, if the iPhone photos are not in the correct capture-date sub-folder, where exactly are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I attached my ipjone 13 pro max via Cable to my windows pc. I just did a test import. I had a range of 12 photograpshs taken on various dates. From 12-28-2021 to 1/9/2022 they were all placed in a single folder for 1/9/2022. Funny 3 of them ARE 1/9/202. SOme of the photographs are text files received and saved.    thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screenshot of your import panel? Especially the right hand side all expanded? I've not seen this not work right before so perhaps there is a small easily missed mistake in the import settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Lightroom mobile and sync down these photos, then do not forget to specify the location in Preferences - Lightroom Sync in Lightroom Classic. By default LrC downloads them into an obscure folder without a dated hierarchy.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I do what @JohanElzenga suggests. I just set the synced folder location to the same location as where  import my DSLR images and set it to a dated hierarchy in the sync preferences and they neatly show up automatically next to my other images nicely filed by capture time. By far the easiest way to accoomplish this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to do this and it does not I had no issues with my android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show a screenshot of the settings in sync preferences and of the images as they end up being filed? Note that images that have already synced down will not automatically get refiled in the correct folders. Only new images imported in Lightroom mobile will do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines