• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Enblend (not responding)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all. I'm trying to install Enblend (in order to be able to use the Enfuse plug-in), but the weird thing is that when I click on the .exe file that I found inside the downloaded folder, it simply doesn't respond. I tried downloading as a system admi, tried the compatibility options (installing for an older version) - nothing's working. It just doens't do anything. Anyone have this? I really just need to be able to use the Enfuse plugin in Lightroom!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try contacting the LR/Enfuse author?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I can imagine it may take him (Tim) time to respond, but I need this urgently...

Thanks for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? PLeeeaase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying again... I'm still stuck 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deena31970485erka 

I hope you have gotten your issue fixed.  I used to use Lr/Enfuse before Lightroom Classic and the Photography Plan was released but after having Photoshop available for blends and the addition of HDR in LrC  I came to the conclusion Lr/Enfuse was no longer needed for my workflow. When I used Lr/Enfuse I just downloaded and installed the necessary additional programs using the Enfuse Configuration menu so  I knew they were the correct ones and worked with Enfuse.  I do not see why you were searching the internet for other programs.  Also, the instruction mention nothing about Enblend but I did not try a reinstall as I now use a Mac but I did use Windows in the past.  The instruction from the Lr/Enfuse page show the following dialog box which is the same as the one I used to use.

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 2.17.28 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for responding! I am trying to enter the real estate photography field (I have experience in children's photography but this is a new field for me), following Real Estate PHotography's advice here, and it seems from what he says that LR/Enfuse is the best way to blend the different exposures. The necessity of first installing EnBlend came from Enfuse's creator himself - and indeed without it, Enfuse isn't working. So... I remain stuck. If I can't use Enfuse, and the auto blending in LR isnt' doing as good a job - is there anything else I need to know, some tip or otherise, of how to blend it properly so that the images actually come out looking better than what LR's auto blend does? Or perhaps I should simply ask: How do you blend in PHotoshop? That might be the answer I'm looking for... thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I get the same window as the one you pasted here, but after running the "Install Apps" I get this: 

screensho.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Couldn't fetch application (got HTTP status 418)"

That's a strange and curious error message. HTTP response status code 418 was added to the standard as an April Fool's prank and isn't supposed to be returned by web servers:

https://http.dev/418

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding! I've seriously been getting this every single time I try installing, even after days, shutting and restarting teh computer, checking internet connection and so on... Guess my question is evolving then: What might make this error message pop up? (I'm ready to give up, so I'll also open a new threw with another, different resolution: What method - equal to or better than Enfuse - is best for blending various exposures of the same image in LR/Photoshop? Then I won't need this plugin anymore.... Thank you to everyone who takes the time to try and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deena31970485erka 

Lr Enfuse was very useful before HDR was added to Lightroom and then later the release of the  Lightroom Classic Phototography Plan with Photoshop.  Although it probably still works well the need for it has practially disappeared.   Now I use HDR in LrC for the exposure blends.  It just takes practice to get similar results you get with Lr/Enfuse.  I use Photoshop for focus stacks.  It works OK most of the time but too often requires some manual blending.  Using the Median and Mean Filters in Photoshop accomplish some of the other things Lr/Enfuse was used for like noise and astro.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bob, that was super helpful - thank you!! (Esp because now that I've  got it up and working , I must say the results are somewhat disappointing - it doesn't do the magic job I expected it to...)

Anyway, wanted to update that I resolved the issue - it was a weird fluke having to do with the internet filter installed on my computer. Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Deena31970485erka 

As I remember, Lr/Enfuse required a little experimenting with the sliders depending on whether you want Focus Stack, Exposure Blend or Astro.  I have not used it since after the Photography Plan was announced as I then had Photoshop and now LrC does some of this.  I wish LrC would Focus Stack and create a DNG but for focus stacks I just do 90 percent of the edits in the source photos in LrC and then blend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines