• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inverting a selection in LR Classic

Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a photo horse portrait in which I wanted to dehaze only the background.  Using the brush tool, with auto mask checked, I painted in the dehaze.  I then wanted to make some further adjustments to only the foreground, so while still with the background selected, I chose Invert Selection form the Edit menu.  Rather than inverting the selection, LR jumped to the previous image in the Library module instead of inverting the selection.  Anybody have a similar experience like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very late reply: The Edit > Invert Selection does something completely different from what you expected. It selects all the unselected photos in the curremt folder or collection and deselects all the currently selected photos.  

It isn't possible to invert the masks of local adjustments, except for radial filters. Many people have requested this over the years:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-id-like-the-ability... 

Please add your constructive opinion to that feature request and be sure to click the Vote button at the top left and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to apply a separate brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had some odd issues but think most are down to finger trouble. I have been using dehaze but find texture  and clarity are gentler on backgrounds - a bit like the tilt shift filter in PS - first select subject - mask 1 and adjust, then apply a linear gradient - mask 2 dehaze etc to blur (or any adjustment) select subtract and select subject removes blur from subject. The only real issue I have found is inverting a subject mask modified with brush additions and/or subtractions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Brode2 I should have looked at the date of your post - I'm refering to Classic 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines