• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invoke the Dehaze effect in LR6

Guide ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there are many people complaining about the Dehaze functionality not being included in Lightroom 6.1, well it is there but the sliders just don't show. In fact if you have access to CS6/CS5 using Levels and Auto does a better job as does doing Auto Exposure and cranking up the Contrast and reducing exposure from the Auto Level.

To enable the Dehaze effect you need to add the following lines to a Develop Preset:

EnableEffects = true,
Dehaze = from -100 to 100,

You are best to create your own because LR will also create a Unique ID for the preset.

Just a word of warning though Dehaze seems to introduce a color cast with hazy skies, but it is great with a negative value to create a foggy scene.

For example here is some template code you can copy and in this case I called the file Foggy.lrtemplate :

s = {

id = "BFAE70A6-F104-49CB-BB3A-7E7E630389CD",

internalName = "Foggy",

title = "Foggy",

type = "Develop",

value = {

settings = {

Dehaze = -100,

EnableEffects = true,

ProcessVersion = "6.7",

},

uuid = "60868222-B072-45AD-8205-1F0A50081EA5",

},

version = 0,

}

You can use Notepad to create and save as Foggy.lrtemplate to the develop presets directory. In Windows at: "C:\Users\ your user name \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\User Presets"

Create as many presets at different intervals as you see fit.

Enjoy, personally I think this functionality, with no disrespect to some of the amazing engineers that work on the Lightroom project, is as gimmicky and amateurish as the HDR Merge function.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just love how Adobe held this back in the release of the New Lightroom CC/6. Figure It's only been out a few months, it would be one thing to release it in year or so, but 2 months after a new major upgrade is ridiculous.

This is one item that should have been updated with the original release not a .1 release. Considering that was one of the reasons I upgraded to 6, now I'm irritated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geoffreybolte wrote:

Just love how Adobe held this back in the release of the New Lightroom CC/6. Figure It's only been out a few months, it would be one thing to release it in year or so, but 2 months after a new major upgrade is ridiculous.

This is one item that should have been updated with the original release not a .1 release. Considering that was one of the reasons I upgraded to 6, now I'm irritated!

So pay for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm... I did I paid for the upgrade from 5-6 just like I did from 3-4 and 4-5. I don't agree with the subscription model, while it has its perks I am perfectly happy with the CS6 suite for my work. I pick up lightroom every upgrade for the compatibility with new cameras and new features. I would be fine if this was a .4 or .5 update but not the .1, Adobe intentionally left this out of the major release.

To hold off a small upgrade to keep the paid up front user base behind the subscription base is ridiculous. Another way to force people to doing the subscription.

Was the dehaze slider in the beta versions?? If so it should have made the .0 GM and not held off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your input.  I've installed the plug-in as indicated above and gives me what I need for now.  I appreciate all the replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !!!

I copied your DeHaze effect code into NotePad, saved it in C:\......\user presets and all I get with LR 6.2.1 is a photo with more haze. I can't find the slider. Of course I am NOT an expert in LR.

What am I missing?

Thanks, Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read into the middle of the thread there is a link to a plugin download that has a slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These workarounds (kludges in my opinion) don't gain you much.  The Dehaze SLIDER works good on very few photos.  It may help in one area but mess up another area.  The new Dehaze BRUSH on the other hand is a very useful tool and will not have a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it, installed it, works fine. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines