Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue

• Lightroom Classic 10.4
  • Windows 10 Pro 21H1 

Steps to reproduce:

1. Stack two or more images 
  2. Select all images of the stack and move this stacked pictures into a collection or another collection.

Expected result

The images should be included in the approriate collection and already stacked

Actual result

Images were moved, but they are no longer stacked.

Stacked images

before moving.png

Images after moving into a collection. The images don't be stacked.

after moving.png

I see this bug since a few versions of Lightroom. As far as I know ther were already approriate entries in the bug forum in the past, but nothing happened. Please fix this bug.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on GoldingD's reply, that stacking behavior is by-design:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/grouping-photos-stacks.html 

"Stacks are specific to the folder or collection in which they were created. The photos in a stack must all be from the same folder or the same collection; you cannot create stacks while in a smart collection or a published collection.

"You can only view a stack in a folder when that folder (or other folders) is selected as a source, or when All Photographs is selected. You can only view a stack in a collection when just that one collection is selected as a source. Stacks are not visible when a mix of folders and collections is selected."

See here for precisely how weird, complicated, and confusing LR's stacking rules are:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lr-classic-v8-2-1-stacking-missing-from... 

See here for the 2011 feature request to make stacks global, not tied to particular folders or collections:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/lightroom-stacking-in-folders-and-collections... 

That's going nowhere -- I don't think Adobe will ever change stacking behavior at this point, given how little they invest in Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John for clarification.

I remember that's there are a feature request about that, but I don't found it and I don't think that the post wasn't so old.

I also think Adobe doesn't change the stacking behavior in the near future. But hope dies last.  🙂

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines