• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jeffrey Fridel JF Folder Publisher is no longer working and his website says Not Found

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This couldn't have worst timing! I use JF Folder publisher on a daily basis. I am a volume photographer and I sort everyones pictures in their own folder tree divided into groups down to individuals. Yesterday while publishing it said I can no longer publish more than 10 and I need to upgrade the JP folder plugin. I did the upgrade but now I can't activate it. When I click on the link it just says NOT FOUND.  Does anyone know of an alternative? I NEED to be able to export the folder structure. I tried doing it the old fashion way by exporting from Lightroom and organizing them manually. It added over two hours of work! I can't do that every day. I barely see my family as it is. 

And Why is this not a base feature in Lightroom already? Can we upvote this feature please?  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you contact Jeffery?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to. All links that I can find just say "Not Found." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"And Why is this not a base feature in Lightroom already?"

Presumably because it's of little or no perceived value to most of us.

Or because nobody has asked for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be value to you yet but if you do enough photography you would appreciate a feature such as this. Think about it this way, you took over 20000 to 50000 pictures, all of them in folders. Some of those folders house 10 or so pictures some hold hundreds. You would have a hundred or more folders. Most of these images you are done with the raw images and you will never edit them again. But, you are getting low on harddrive space and you just want to export the Jpegs just to back them up. If you select all of those folders and hit export it will put all of those files in one folder with the files names in alphabetical order. Or you could select each folder one at a time and tell it where to go. This will take you forever. This plugin that I am talking about keeps the folder structure while you export it. It's a one and done deal. No one wants to go through the daunting task of backing up their pictures. All I'm asking for is a feature that let's us do just that. And since it already exist I wouldn't think it would be a big deal to code into the software.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friedl's web site is in a spat with Google about HTTPS URLs. I thought they had resolved it, but evidently not. In general, ensure you're using HTTP URLs instead of HTTPS:

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/folder-publisher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! THANK YOU! I just opened it in Firefox. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So Jeffrey's website will open in a different browser such as Firefox. 

Also, I stubbled across this website that offers a similar thing if anyone is interested.
https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrtreeexporter.php?
It's a little different being that you don't Publish them like you do with JF folder publisher. You just use the Export dialog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines