• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcut Wish

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a freelance property photographer for Airbnb and I merge a lot of HDR images and then export those DNG files. No additional editing is required.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will cause the Export One File popup window to open, so I can renumber my sequence of images?  

Neither Shift/Ctrl/Cmd+E nor Ctrl/Cmd+E are helpful.

Cheers,

Frank B.

Windows 11

Lightroom Classic 13.2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Hey guys. I feel like a knucklehead.

I looked at Menu> File> Export and suddently noticed the one-step keyboard shortcut printed in the menu. 

Ctrl+ Shift+ E

I also found Ctrl+H is one-step for merging my selected HDR images.

Sorry for my confusion.

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you like to use the mouse for many actions?

1. Define your Export requirements (once) in the Export dialog, such as Rename {Sequence+Filename}, File-type, Size, etc-

2. [ADD] the Export settings as a Preset

Now to Export selected file/s any time in the future-

[Right-Click] the image/s > Export > Choose the Export Preset.   Or go Menu: File > Export with Preset.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my mouse constantly. I'm just wanting to eliminate two-steps, which begins to waste time after performing 50-60 HDR exports.  When right-clicking, it's Export> Export> change my file name> then Export again.

I wish there was one right-click Export option (or keyboard shortcut) that would directly open the Export One File dialog box as in the attached screenshot.

Cheers,

Frank B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"so I can renumber my sequence of images? ".   Can you give more details of how you want your new HDR files to be named in the Export? What criteria?

I note you have simply "Custom Name" in the Export dialog- this will require you to enter that custom name at each export.

Can you define a Rename Preset that perhaps uses Sequence Number and other metadata (Filename)? Then you have no need to enter any custom naming when exporting.  Select the Export Preset > Done!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys. I feel like a knucklehead.

I looked at Menu> File> Export and suddently noticed the one-step keyboard shortcut printed in the menu. 

Ctrl+ Shift+ E

I also found Ctrl+H is one-step for merging my selected HDR images.

Sorry for my confusion.

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines