• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest LR update deleted my catalog and emptied file folders

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent over an hour chatting with tech support. He could not explain why this happened or how to avoid it or prevent it from happening again. I had set up auto update and have now disabled it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any ideas about why this happened? Has it happened to you?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your screenshots, the issue is not a new catalog, and probably not a wrong catalog issue, but of a catalog failing for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, David for your help. I believe there is a catalog failure and I don't have any clue how to go about trying to figure it out. What is your opinion if I uninstall LR and re-install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried File>Open Recent?? What shows in there??

What is the name of your catalog?
Do you have more than one catalog??

Can you search for Folders named Lightroom please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read in another thread that apparently there might be a bug in LRC v12 when catalogs are on external (read non C: drives on windows) they are not upgraded correctly upon opening them in LRC v12. I would recommend you revert to LRC v11 and open your old non-upgraded catalog for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines