• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library folder is faulty after import

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had no idea how to search for this. After I import images from my camera onto the computer, the folder that I import to is not stacking properly in the Library. Was never an issue until recently, and haven't changed any settings that I am aware of. Usually, the import folder nests correctly in the Library menu, such that the Library folder system is a mirror image of my disc drive folder system. Now, the import folder is showing up as a top-level folder instead of nested where it is supposed to be.

So instead of....

Pictures -> 2022 -> Umstead

it is...

Pictures

Umstead

How do I fix this? Please and thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only shown wrong in the Library panel and is correct in the file system?

Maybe an issue caused by capital letters, not handled similarly in OS and LrC.

Try to move the entire folder to a different location from within LrC (drag & drop). Make sure nothing is "left over" in the file system at the location it should be, using Finder.

Then move it back to where it should be, of course also from within LrC. That hopefully gets them in sync.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, capital letters makes sense as a possible problem. I'll try that once I am able to run a backup on the computer.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI. If it turns out to be the "Capitalization error", there is an informative thread, and answer, on this topic at this link - CAPITALS ERROR (Jim Wilde Answers) 

Note: If it is this bug error, then simply moving folders in the LrC folder panel will NOT fix the problem. Only the correct full procedure will fix.

The bug error can also be evident as Duplicate Drives-

DUPLICATE DRIVE displays same hard drive twice 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines