• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Module - Need to "Copy" after I "Add"ed

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I always "Copy" photos when importing the.  For some reason this got switched to "Add" for may last 3 imports.  How do I go back and "Copy" them from my SD card on to my computer like the rest of my photos?  Since I have already "Add"ed them - they are grayed out and I can select them now to "Copy".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Library Grid View  

Select "All Photographs" in the Catalog panel. 

Do Menu Photo/Stacking/Expand all Stacks

Select the photos from the last three imports

Do an import using "Export as Original" to the folder you would have used during the original export using the following settings.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 9.52.20 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note, you must have copied them from your SD card onto your computer before importing them into your catalog, as Lightroom Classic will not allow you to ADD them if source is the SD card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you used 'Add'? Are the images missing when the SD card is not mounted? Is the SD card shown in the folder panel as the drive containing the images? As David says, you cannot choose 'Add' if you import from an SD card, so something else may have happened: You did use 'Copy' allright, but you chose the SD card as destination.

You could simply correct this by dragging the image folders to the correct disk in the folder panel (while the SD card is mounted), but the most important thing is to make sure it does not happen again. If you reformat the card, your images will be lost... MAKE BACKUPS!!

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe Lightroom allows you to "add" photos from an SD card. They have to be copied to a hard drive first. Locate the images in your catalog that you are trying to reimport. The folder panel will show you were they are located on your hard drive. You can move them to a different location if you want from the folders panel. You don't need to repeat the import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines