Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac M1, 2020
OS Ventura 13.3.1
iPhone 15
iOS 17.0.3
LrC 13.0.1
Camera Raw 16.0

Currently for us for iPhone 15, the native camera app HEIC images, once edited the standard preview is not being updated in the Library module.

Lightroom DNG and mirrorless camera files are previews are updating as should.

Any suggestions are greatly received, thank you

Mark Stothard MA ARPS
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I have the exact same problem too.

Mac Mini M1 - MacOS Sonoma 14.2

LrC  13.1

Camera Raw 16.1

iPhone 15 Pro Max (running iOS 17.2)

I'm using a non-HDR monitor.  After importing from my iPhone, all previews in the Library module are showing in HDR mode.

I then go into the Develop module, switch off HDR, and make my edits.

When I go back to the Library module, the previews in the grid view and loupe view still display in HDR mode without my applied edits.

This makes it difficult for me as I have to view each photo in the Develop module to see the current state of my photos with my applied edits.

This only affects HEIC photos from my iPhone 15 Pro Max.  Photos shot with my FujiFilm X-T2 don't have this issue.

Appreciate any help, ideas or suggestions.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you set the default for development of images to not do HDR. In Classic, this preference is in Preferences->Presets. On the phone version of Lightroom that is in App Settings->Import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying, and for the suggestion.

I've just shot two new pictures on the phone, and imported them into LrC with HDR switched off by default in the Preset Preferenced.  The previews in the Library module are now showing in SDR instead of HDR.

I hope Adobe make an update in the future where previews can be updated or rebuilt after switching off HDR in the Develop module.  Seems that currently, that option is baked into the previews based on whether HDR is switch on by default or not in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines