• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light Room 4 Installer Not Available

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi first time here.   Appreciate any help.

I purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 in 20213 (full version not online) . 

Replaced this computer recently and tried to install on Windows 11 from my products page but it says the installer is not available.   

Is there anyway to obtain it again?   It wasn't cheap $150 US and was still functioning and suited my purposes. 

I tried to contact Adobe support but you have to have an active plan?   Is there no way to contact support?  

I'd even purchase/upgrade to a new version but there are only online plans now which I would rather not subscribe to.   Any options to get the full latest version to install on my new PC ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Lightroom 4 has been released in 2012. The latest version available as a perpetual license was version 6 in 2015.

Since about then, Lightroom is only available with a subscription, i.e. the Photography Plan, which is rather moderate in cost. Older versions will also not support newer cameras and lenses.

As the PC/software is an integral and important part of digital photography, I suggest to look into the Photography Plan . IMHO, compared to the cost of the gear of most photographers, the cost f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4 has been released in 2012. The latest version available as a perpetual license was version 6 in 2015.

Since about then, Lightroom is only available with a subscription, i.e. the Photography Plan, which is rather moderate in cost. Older versions will also not support newer cameras and lenses.

As the PC/software is an integral and important part of digital photography, I suggest to look into the Photography Plan . IMHO, compared to the cost of the gear of most photographers, the cost for the Adobe subscription is rather minimal for such an important part of the workflow ... just my 0.02.

Btw.: Adobe will not support you in any way for such an old version.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the swift response.   I agree with you in partially but I still think you should be able to install something you purchased, even if over a decade old.   🙂     Pull support but let me install it at least.   Anyways it is what it is.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-4-is-out.html

Although I agree with @F. McLion , a better decision is to use modern software (Lightroom Classic 13.1) and get all the advantages it has, rather than stick with 12 year old tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a link to Lightrom Classic 13.1 ... I just see the online version ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK ... I see it now pic1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well installed and importing my 100 GB of photos quite nicely.   It defaults to the cloud version when you install but aborted and changed to the classic.   Looks very similar to the version I purchased in 2013.   If there are any new features I should be excited about ... please post here.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry one more question .. I see my "plan" now allows me to install photoshop.   I use paintshop pro as my editor and occassionally what was in lightroom but is it worth it to install photoshop ?   Does it have more features than what is available in lightroom for editing photos ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use paintshop pro as my editor and occassionally what was in lightroom but is it worth it to install photoshop ? Does it have more features than what is available in lightroom for editing photos ?

Entirely up to you if you use Photoshop instead of Paintshop Pro. Yes, there's plenty in Photoshop that is not in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not IMPORT photos that already in Lr 4 into LrC 13.1. You want to upgrade your Lr 4 catalog. Use File->Open Catalog and select the Lr 4 catalog file.

I can't possibly list all the new features in LrC 13.1, but here are a few

• Very enhanced masking (used to be called local adjustments) including AI selection of people and objects
  • AI Denoise
  • Transform
  • Dehaze
  • Lens Blur
  • Color Mixer to augment or replace HSL selection
  • Publish services
  • that other big one that I can't remember right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information dj_paige.  After evaluating the new version of lightroom vs my old paid for version I decided that it really doesn't seem all that different.  I took a look at Photoshop too and I think I like PaintShop Pro better.  So removed it and lightroom, and cancelled the trial.   Really annoys me that I have the product but adobe prohibits me installing and forces me to buy another product.    So it is hello and farewell.   Really appreciate the community chiming in thought to help.   Thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you certainly are entitled to your opinion, but it seems like you didn't give a full test so let me add my opinion and say that I get such greatly improved image quality from LrC 13.1 than anything I could get from Lr 4 that I can't image how you can say "doesn't seem all that different".

Also Adobe does not prohibit you from installing, I gave you the link to the Lr 4 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can download Lightroom 4 (version 4.4.1) from this page: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-4-is-out.html

You will need to enter your serial number to license it.

Edit: I see now @dj_paige already gave you the link.

After evaluating the new version of lightroom vs my old paid for version I decided that it really doesn't seem all that different.

Lightroom has come a long way since version 4, and there are loads of new features in the current version.

Better rendering of raw files, super resolution, denoise, masking, color mixer, lens blur, to name a few.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines