• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 12.2 very slow in Develop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has become extremely slow in develop module and uses 25-30 % CPU when I am not working, and the numbers keep changing.

My computer has Intel I7 1.99GHz, 4 cores 8 logical processors, 16GB RAM, SSD disk, 45 GB free of 476GB, Win 11 64-bit, Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce MX 150

Lightroom 12.2 uninstalled and installed again.

Camera Raw 15.2.

Use Graphics Processor is Auto and NVIDIA reports System automatically supports limited acceleration.

Address lookup paused.

Face Detection paused.

Sync paused.

Build Previews in Import is Standard.

Catalog Optimized when closing LR.

Cache in Camera Raw is purged.

Power on PC is best performance.

Rest Mode with power connected never.

Have run Disk Cleanup, Mdsched, Clean boot.

I am not able to verify that I am running LR 64 bit (cannot see X64 in LR Heading) but I am told that Installer will supply correct version.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, but mainly during import and export. It takes literally forever to import, let's say 160 files. I'm doing it right now - for the past 10 minutes or so. Yesterday I was exporting some 50 TIFFs and it took over 30 minutes! I'm runnig windows 10 HP laptop on Ryzen 5 4600H, 32GB RAM and 2x Crucial SSD, not even half full with GTX1650. It's just ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your NVIDIA GPU  driver, is it v531.18?

I see that NVIDIA is reporting an issue with that version that is causing Gamers to see increased erratic CPU spikes after closing the game. Could this also foul up post LrC? Might only relate to Game Ready drivers, not Studio, but then your GPU does not have Studio releases available, just Game Ready.

If you have v531.18, see if rolling it back helps.

ref:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/1532492/nvidia-confirms-latest-gpu-driver-is-causing-cpu-spikes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for Your answer.

My version is 31.0.15.2849

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

45 GB free of 476GB

By @dagfinnk28984086

You have less than 10% free space on your hard drive, which will slow your computer down.

If you don't clear out some space now, you'll soon run into bigger problems.

It is recommended to have at least 20% free space.

I am not able to verify that I am running LR 64 bit (cannot see X64 in LR Heading) but I am told that Installer will supply correct version.

By @dagfinnk28984086

Lightroom Classic is 64-bit only, there is no 32-bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cache in Camera Raw is purged.

And how large do you allow the Camera RAW CACHE to get? What did you set it at?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set mine at 50GB, made no difference at all. I'll check those Nvidia drivers too, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the most useful information you could have shared hasn't been shared let alone requested.

Please, post a copy of 'System Info' to the forum. You can obtain same from the application Help > System Info menu item

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my system info, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my info too. Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set it at 10GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found something odd. It seems to me that LR and PC don’t agree how much CPU is used by the program. Or are they looking at different info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found something odd. It seems to me that LR and PC don’t agree how much CPU is used by the program. Or are they looking at different info.

By @dagfinnk28984086

It could just be a coincidence involving timing, when you captured that system info vs when you captured that task manager info. Were you looking at both at the same time?

However, did you have anything going on in LrC at the time, other than being opened?

• Address Lookup
  • Face Detection
  • Sync to the cloud
  • Sync other
  • A complex mask edit still not complete
  • Import
  • Export
  • Publish
  • Anything I forgot

Would think that if LrC was just up and running, but no actions occurring, then that CPU should be more like 1%. This is what happens during my test. Very small value bouncing around between 0 and 1, maybe 2%

Also, in the task manager value, if you expand the process (Notice it states 3 occurring) what process is the big one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this possibly a PC problem? I am on Mac and have not encountered any of this slowdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be, but I have checked everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OS is indicating that LrC is running something, likely in the background, that the application is not controlling. Have you tried resetting the LrC preference file? Method 1 in linked Adobe document describes how https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for Your interest. Now I have reset the Preferenses, but it made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still only have about a 500 GB internal drive with 45 GB free?

That could be part of the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processor speed: 1,9GHz

hmm, just under LrC system requirements of 2GHz.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (31.0.15.2849)
Init State: GPU for Image Processing supported by default with custom export support
User Preference: Auto

That MX 150 was released back in 2017, so very old in the teeth.  Selecting to use Graphics Processor for acceleration might do the opposite. Not a driver issue but a capability issue. What happens if you turn that option off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I got mail someone asking if problem is solved.

I am sorry it is not. Lightroom Classic is now useless. Photoshop is ok and Topaz Photo AI is ok.

I am stuck.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may sound like a repeat, however have you tried removing Lightroom Classic completely from your computer, that means cache, preferences, settings (which I would back up somewhere else before deleting)? You need to have a back up copy of your Lightroom Catalog somewhere else on another drive perhapds.  THen restarting the computer and then installing LRC ? If PS is working, it is possible there is a setting, cache, or pref that is blocking your smooth use of Lightroom Clasic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines