Guide ,
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 104 Replies 104

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh, still no Sony A580 support, it's been out for a month already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kilrah.vp wrote:

Argh, still no Sony A580 support, it's been out for a month already

From the Journal article:

"The final releases of Lightroom 3.3 and Camera Raw 6.3 may have additional corrections or camera support."

So, there is still hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never know, adobe may add some additional support for cameras before shipping the update - it is still

in beta.

How fantastic that they added so many new lens' profiles in the update! Great job!

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the Sony A580 released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A580 has been available for a while in Europe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A580 is available pretty much everywhere in Europe. Ordered mine sept. 30th, and it had already been available for a couple of days before that (Switzerland).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, just noticed that LR3.3 RC can be fooled to accept Sony A580 .ARWs by changing the model ID in the metadata with the A55's, unlike LR3.2 where it didn't work!

So you got that done. Just need to enable it for SonyModelID=283.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can configure RC Importer to import those raws in the mean time if you want.

http://www.robcole.com/Rob/ProductsAndServices/ImporterLrPlugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for the new E5 would be dearly loved too if you guys can do it  by the final...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping for the oly e5 to be added as well. Any suggestions on how to help this along?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the Raws to TIFF in the manufacturer software, import them into LR, and keep the Raws also.

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RC fixes the crashes I was getting when doing a Find on All Photographs.  Nice work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for the new Pentax K-5 would be fantastic.  B&H says "approx. Arrival October".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for Pentax K5 support. Not sure if the PEF format is massively different since this camera supports 14bit RAW. But I would have thought that it should be similar to the Nikon D7000 considering they share the same Sony sensor.

BTW - Some Pentax lens profiles would be nice. Even a collection of those already created by end users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PentaxK-7User wrote:

BTW - Some Pentax lens profiles would be nice. Even a collection of those already created by end users.

Did you check the lens profile downloader?  I linked it in the first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2010 Oct 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PentaxK-7User wrote:

Agree! LR lacks of Pentax lens profiles. That's very disappointing! Although Pentax hasn't so big market share as Nikon and Canon have, there are a lot of LR users who shot on Pentax DSLRs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayS In CT said "In the release notes for 3.3 RC Adjustment brushes are being addressed.", however I cannot find anything relating to adjustment brushes in the release notes. Have their been fixes/improvements or not? They surely could do with a performance boost (at least on my DELL E6400, Windows XP).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TK2142 wrote:

JayS In CT said "In the release notes for 3.3 RC Adjustment brushes are being addressed.", however I cannot find anything relating to adjustment brushes in the release notes. Have their been fixes/improvements or not? They surely could do with a performance boost (at least on my DELL E6400, Windows XP).

The fixes relate to the spot/heal tool not the adjustment brush. I'm not aware of any fixes to adjustment brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian Lyons wrote:

The fixes relate to the spot/heal tool not the adjustment brush. I'm not aware of any fixes to adjustment brush.

Thanks Ian!

I hope the adjustment brush will receive some attention in the future. Can't believe my machine isn't not sufficiently performant to provide a bit more interactive experience with the brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TK2142 wrote:

TK,

My mistake and misread (also my prior post on this seems to have disappeared).  I read / saw the spot and my mind went to adjustment brush in the Develop panel.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayS In CT wrote:

My mistake and misread (also my prior post on this seems to have disappeared).  I read / saw the spot and my mind went to adjustment brush in the Develop panel.

Not to worry. I was hoping you knew about a "silent" improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, still no AVCHD support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thronsen wrote:

Sadly, still no AVCHD support.

Dot releases tend to be for bug fixes and camera support, not new features.  There was some of that early on in the Lightroom development process, but that has settled out, for the most part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to whom?

And Im not sure AVCHD should be counted as a new 'feature'. It is a format used by many, many cameras. It would be great if Adobe could provide support for the entire camera, not just part of it.

Video was one of the most highly touted of features for Lightroom 3. It was a key feature for me, and due to its incomplete implementation I find it more of a nuisance then any real use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines