• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3 freezing when using import

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2010 Jun 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whhen attempting to import images from an external USB hard drive Lightroom 3 freezes.

The import bar goes across and Lightroom import about 3 images before freezing.

If I close Lightroom and re-start the import it'll import a few more images and freeze again.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 101 Replies 101
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the hopes that this might help someone finding this thread first,

I found that reducing the amount of memory use by the program, especially video or display memory allowed using the Import feature as normal.  This was the first time it froze on me in version 3.x (now at 3.5)

I chose a view with just 1 item then tried again, walla (voila, viola) hah it's working now.  Import started with a strange (to me) reduced version of the dialog with fewer options.  I had to change to a folder search, then enlarge the view to get back to normal.  ASN: all systems nominal now. 

Strange behavior.  As strange, if different from CNX2.  Must use different dartboards to decide on weird behaviors.

Now if Adobe can only figure out that I need to send the ORGINAL file to other programs to edit rather than insisting on converting it to a TIFF (LR3 -> CNX2) I'll be able to use the prog much more effectively.

/..

(my post, copied from this thread:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/2981433#2981433#2981433  )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced Lightroom crashing when trying to Import and identified the problem as the drivers for a new ATI video card. The hint was seeing someone here say that they thought Lightroom was unable to draw the Import window.

After uninstalling the ATI Catalyst drivers, I let Windows 7 install a driver for the card. Now all works fine. No idea why Catalyst drivers are an issue but very disappointing. Hope that helps some of you with your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines