Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4 crashes on import

Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7, Home Edition, version 6.1 service pack 1

Intel 7, with more than 400gb memory available

I've now spent more than 32 hours trying to solve this problem, including two phone calls and three chat sessions with Adobe Help Desk.  The Help desk takes me through the same checklist of "fixes" as the previous calls and inquiries and has resulted only in wasting more hours of my time. 

To date I have tried the following to fix this issue:

- uninstall and reinstall with and without the LR 4.1 update

- create a new administrator account on my machine and run LR off the new account instead

- create a new catalogue for every import (which kind of defeates the purpose of having LR to begin with)

- wipe out my old preferences file and allow LR to create a new one

- completely wipe my hard drive and reinstall EVERYTHING all over again

- rebuild my catalogues from scratch on a new, fresh install of lightroom

- limit my cache size in LR preferences

- limit my backups in LR preferences

- change my 1:1 previews

- attempt to import images from a Nikon 90, D3s and D800 only, each on a fresh LR install (in an effort to see if it was a particular camera model causing the issue)

- attempted to only import directly from another hard drive, rather than an external or internal card reader

Each time I have no more than a day of proper working conditions before the program hangs up and windows pops up a warning that the program has ceased to respond and must close.  Lightroom is rather useless if I can not import images.

I'm out of solutions or fixes, and out of patience now too.  I'd really like to continue using Lightroom products because of how integral it is to my workflow.  At this point I'm ready to switch to a competitor if this issue can not be solved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy!

Lightroom was crashing every time I hit IMPORT. After reading this forum, I discovered that my iPhone was connected to my PC. Once I disconnected it, Lightroom worked just fine again.

Strange, considering I just upgraded to 5.6 and it was still crashing when my iPhone was connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY SOLVED!!!!!

After spending hours and hours searching, reading, trying, installing and uninstalling I solve my problem.

Name of the event problem:                APPCRASH

Name of the application:                     lightroom.exe

Version of the application:                  5.3.0.10

Mark of the time of the application:        529d013a

Name of module with errors:             dvamarshal.dll

This was happening every time I tried to import a certain amount of pictures, it just allowed me to import 5 or 6 at a time.

This is what I did, and worked for me:

1. Download the file: “ dvamarshal.dll “ from  http://dllyes.com/dvamarshal-dll/
  2. Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3, or wherever you have the Lightroom installed, and rename the existing file; "dvamarshal.dll" to "dvamarshal1.dll"
  3. Copy the file downloaded from the link above, and paste it.
  4. Close the program, and restart the computer.
  5. Open the application as an administrator, and for me it worked!!!

Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines