• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 fails to start up on Apple Mac macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 when previously OK

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 version 6 purchased in August 2018 installed on my Apple Mac with macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6; I have declined upgrades to higher OS versions including declining the most recent for macOS Monterey; however Lightroom now crashes on startup. "Lightroom quit unexpectedly" followed by several pages of Problem Details and System Configuration.  It was working just fine, but now it won't start up. Screenshot of first page of 16 of Problem Details and System Configuration attached.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information: Lightroom database is ~650GB; Mac HDD free space 1.83TB of 3.12 TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A late reply, but there have been other reports about this. There is a newer version of LR 6 available, LR 6.14. Others have recently reported that updating to LR 6.14 fixed crashing-on-startup problems.  Try installing the much newer 6.14, which you can download following these instructions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/108193...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines