• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 is displaying a blue screen with a white X through it in the Develop module for all my photos

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see a large version of my photo in Library mode, but in Develop module, all that appears is a blue screen with an X in it. Has anyone else experienced this? How can it be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

This blue screen with a cross indicates that Lightroom encountered a OpenGL runtime error. First try to make sure that you've updated the latest driver from the vendor. See Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Lightroom GPU FAQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same issue... turned off GPU and now Lightroom 6 runs like it's supposed to and the blue screen error is resolved!

Worked for me too!!!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Foliowing the Edit>preferences instructions worked for me! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Soooo Helpful thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Edit>Preferences. Under the Performance tab, uncheck Use Graphics Processor and finally it worked! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using the uncheck method of the GPU as a workaround (had to uncheck in Photoshop CC as well) but it's annoying that I had to Google search and come here to find a fix.

Downloaded and installed Lightroom CC on my ASUS with pre-installed Windows 10 (literally purchased Friday, 2 days ago as of this post). Using an intel Core i5-6200U processor and an Intel HD Graphics 520 as my graphic card.

Just wanted to post the spec details in case there's a compatibility issue.

- David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Works by disabling the GPU, but after checking my GPU settings, I disabled the Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing setting in 3D options, and all works fine, with the GPU enabled. Check your Anti-Aliasing options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had that checked off and it still displayed the yellow square with blue box in the middle before shifting to a full blue blox.

- David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines