• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 7.3: Presets, Vibrance and Saturation Sliders Not Working.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Lightroom Classic 7.3 on my desktop last night.  I opened a project I worked on last week in the previous version.  I wasn't able to apply any of the presets to pictures. I looked at the history and nothing changes.  I tried several presets, included Lightroom's own.  On top of that, the Vibrance and Saturation sliders in the Basic development panel were greyed out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

A comment on your screen-clip:

Dehaze has moved to the Basic Panel- correct in v7.3

But I do not see the Profile line at the top of the Basic Panel as I would expect. I would also expect to see only Color OR B&W on the HSL panel header, but not both together.

So I think something is wrong with your install.

Perhaps doing an Uninstall and fresh re-install using the CC Desktop App may fix the problem.

Even running the Adobe CC Cleaner program is sometimes helpful. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wobert that is a great post.

I just went to the B&H website to look up how much film cost today. Kodak color 35mm 24 exposures cost $3.29 a roll. That does not include developing, printing and or scanning.

I went out yesterday and took 150 images. 150 / 24 = 6.25 (7) rolls of film. 7 rolls at $3.29 = $23.03. Now add in Developing, Printing or scanning.

But wait if I had them scanned, or scanned the negative myself, I'd need some software to Edit them. Or if I was still Very Old School, an Enlarger, a room for the enlarger, sink/drain (running water), light, paper, chemicals and What Not.

Now $9.99 a month sounds cheap.

Thank you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, I utilised that process in the 1968 to 1997. I am now able to afford to shoot lots more photographs.. Even share for free without having to pay to print.

$10 per month is a give away.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but 1 years ago it was better than now hehehehehe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem: Presets won't apply and  saturation/vibrance sliders turned dark. Tried to uninstall/reinstall LR and the problem won't solve. Looking forward to a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kerens56291788 

Do you pay a subscription monthly or annually for the Creative Cloud Photography Plan?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't pay a subscription,I use the serial number that came with my Leica camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kerens56291788  wrote

I didn't pay a subscription,I use the serial number that came with my Leica camera.

Which Leica camera and how long ago? Also what version did that Leica supplied serial number work for?

Leica now only offers a 6 month, or less, subscription to the Photography plan.

In any event with the Leica supplied serial number that was only good for the version of LR that was available at the time you purchased the Leica camera. Not for future versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the  Leica type 246 I purchased in 2016. I use that serial number to download LR CC2015(if I recall that correctly) and updated to LR Classic 7.1(or 7.2?) via adobe CC a month ago. The LR Classic worked great on my iMac then things were screwed up when I updated to v7.3. Since everything went well with the v7.2, I don't think there is anything wrong with the old serial number. Can you please tell me how to roll back to a previous version? I can only see "uninstall" and" tutorial "options in Adobe CC app although other people said there should be an "install other version" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then that serial number was for LR 6 the Stand Alone Perpetual license version of LR.

LR Classic CC Version 7.x is not an Update to LR 6. It is a Completely New Version and only available with the Photographers plan Subscription.

So you will need to Uninstall all of LR (Saving your catalog from your original install of LR 6) then reinstall the LR 6 Base installer then the 6.14 update from this link.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Or you can Subscribe to the Photography plan. Even if you do start a subscription you might have to first uninstall and Reinstall to get the bugs you are now having worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did what you said and got LR 6 installed without problem. When I had LR 6 installed again the CC APP tells me there is a LR classic CC "update" available. It confused me: for  LR 6 user whether LR classic CC  is a LR 6 update or just another software that needs to be paid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using LR 6 you should not have the CC DTA installed. All it will do is confuse you.

The last update for LR 6 is 6.14 which is available from the link I posted. There won't be any more updates for LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Updated Lightroom from Creative Cloud and now vibrance and saturation are greyed out.  Same thing in the HSL/Color/B&W panel.  Clicked Reset and the sliders all reappear but only for that image and none of the Presets work even after Reset.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Didn't remedy the fault.  Everything was fine before the update.  Need a fix from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christianr85520231 

Do you pay a subscription monthly or annually for the Creative Cloud Photography Plan?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have a purchased one-time license and no subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method of subscription is irrelevant.  If you have the wrong licence the program won't run.  This is just about one element of the program not working in version 7.3.  I have been using 7.2 without any problem.  The program was updated to 7.3 two days ago and now there is a fault.  Adobe need to issue a patch to remedy the fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stephenb68401314 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made sure to delete the preferences file under appdata/roaming after I uninstalled the software.  I also made sure I cleaned the registry using CCleaner before I re-installed.  Rebooting might do the same thing.

I had the same problem when I upgraded on my laptop also using creating cloud.  Even after I deleted the preferences the re-install was fubar.  It was only when I cleaned everything out with CCleaner before the re-install that it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning dawns in OZ and I return to see the posts continue, and thanks to Just-Shoot-Me for answers.

I apologize for asking the same question of multiple posts, but it seemed to me there are people trying to run Classic-7.3 when they do not subscribe to CC.

Great to see that the OP jsm1963 has LR up and running. Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool helps again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.. Vibrance, saturation, HSL, color and B&W sliders are "freezed". Reseting settings and applying history adjustments works only with photos edited before the update.. How long will it take to fix it!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matic+dolenc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That was the problem.

I did a reinstall before I posted the problem, but erasing preferences wasn't enough.  After I completely deleted the preference file before the re-install everything worked fine.

A Lightroom blogger elsewhere believed that the Profile browser would only be available on CC, and not Classic.  Obviously she was wrong.  She never responded to my comment on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.

On photos imported earlier than 7.3: no vibrance/saturation possible.

After: sliders works fine.

I have also an other boring issue: the copy/paste of settings from a photo to another (Ctrl-Shift-C/V) is completely desactivated...

Is it possible to revert to 7.1 or 7.2 ? I have to work, and without worflow, and using brush to modify saturation and vibrance is PAINFUL!!!

(LR CC classic 7.3.1 reinstalled / Win 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out what had happened. I updated to LR CC Classic from LR 6 with permanent license. So there are  LR CC Classic and LR6 on my PC at the same time. For some reason  the LR CC Classic shows that I have permanent license too. When updated to V7.3,  LR CC Classic requires to convert presets to XMP file. I think this is where the problem occurs. When you have both LR6 and  LR CC Classic installed on your pc, the conversion won't happen which lead to the problem you referred above. Finally I resolved this problem by removing LR6 and reinstall  LR CC Classic, then the files started to convert and everything worked fine. After that the permanent license for LR 6 will be invalid, and you have to purchase plan for LR CC Classic. It seems that Adobe was not intended to let you use LR6 license for LR CC Classic however for some reason the LR CC Classic would be mistakenly licensed when coexisting with a licensed LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kerens56291788​,

We are still trying to reproduce the issue.

Could you share the logs generated using the instructions from this page - Log Collector Tool?

Also, could you share the screenshot of the System Info (Help-->System Info) dialog from Lightroom Classic?

Thanks,
Smit
Lightroom Classic Team

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines