• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Lightroom Classic 12.0.1 freezes on exit (Mac M1, Ventura 13.0.1)

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a new MacBook Pro M1 running the latest OS, Ventura 13.0.1, LrC (12.0.1) will freeze when I try to exit the application - in the "force quit" menu I see it is not responding, and I have to kill it from there. I have tried skipping the catalog backup, or letting it run, and I get the same error.

I troubleshot this further by option+open and creating a new, empty catalog, and then immediately quit - but with the same results.

The graphics acceleration options are off (not auto).

How can I trouble shoot this further?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved: Creative Cloud needs to be installed, and it in-turn needs to have the Rosetta emulator installed. What, no native M1 applications?  Grrr.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, ACC needs to be installed, but it runs Native Apple Silicon now (for me). Sounds like you have an older version (Grrr <g>). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines