New Here ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example of issue 

Screenshot 2024-07-05 131759.jpg

Hello,

I am running Windows 11, Lightroom Classic 13.4, then reverted to 13.02

I have a Lightroom Classic catalog that will not open.  I had Lightroom open with a different catalog, then tried to open this catalog and now it is stuck.  I am experienced with the program but have never encountered this issue.

I have a .lock file, I tried removing it, but that doesn't solve the problem.

The .lrcat-shm and lrcat-wal files are continuously loading and deleting, see attached video file.

I copied the catalog's folder and tried opening it off of a different drive, and the files in the original drive folder are looping again as if they are linked. 

I reverted back to 13.02 from 13.4, but that didn't change anything. 

I cannot open any other catalogs, it keeps reverting to this original one, even if I directly open a completely different catalog.   

Clicking on Lightroom Classic and holding the ALT key does not allow me to select an alternative catalog.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Move this catalog out of the catalog folder, so Lightroom does not know where it is. Then start Lightroom with another catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move this catalog out of the catalog folder, so Lightroom does not know where it is. Then start Lightroom with another catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, 

Thank you.  That got it working. I was able to open a different catalog, but it still wouldn't open the one I needed and there was no indication or alert of a corrupted catalog warning.  Using a backup catalog seems to have worked.  Thank you for solving the issue for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines