Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC almost freezes when starting sync to cloud

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC and migrated my main Library two days ago.

Everything looks fine so far, except when I start the Lightroom Mobile sync. Lightroom slows down extremely (opening a Folder containing 10 pictures in Library Mode takes several minutes).

As soon as I start syncing I see permanent high load on the drive where my pictures are stored. First I thought it's some kind of initial Lib loading or something like this. I tried to wait for Lightroom to finish (different tries: for 1h, 2h and for 10 h - in this time the whole Lib can be read for many times). It never stopped.

There is almost no write acitivity on all drives only reading from the one with the lib.

At the moment there are several Smart Previes which should be synced to LR Mobile and around 250 RAWs which should be synced from my iPad to LR Classic CC. In 10 hours 15 RAWs where downloaded. Internet bandwith is no problem. Most of the time no there is no activity, then the download of a single picture is done in seconds.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas what's the reason/solution?

ThanksHubert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a Windows or Android thing? I don't own anything Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the same for me,  i had still 11000 not finished syncs in the cloud without any relation to collections, i deleted all pictures on my lightroom mobile, so clean use. And now i have no issue anymore even the iPad app doesn't crash anymore. So to clean mobile go to preference's in LR Classic lichtroom CC tab an click on delete all data. After that start Sync again. And it works as normal

So cool

I discover only one funny thing if you delete a collection it's hard to find which picture in "all photos" is not in a collection. To keep lightroom mobile clean I want to know and be able to delete them anyway this does look good but for now i am happy also

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This certainly did NOT fix the problem for me.

I did a clean start with complete reinstall on mobile and desktop with nothing in cloud.  After adding a images on mobile and desktop the sync hung and the desktop images were not viewable.

Only after cold cycling the desktop power would the desktop run. Every time a sync is attempted it freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also did a reset but this worked only temporarly.

Sync from desktop to cloud is working without any issue.

But anytime I take a picture with my phone, it takes forever to download and the program is frozen until the sync is finished.

This is really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Syncing from mobile to desktop is unbearably and unacceptably slow.

Hello, Adobe! This is a bug in a service that we are paying for! Shall we just claim a refund or will we be finding a solution in the very near future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Guys i than i don't have any idea, The feeling i have is that the bandwidth to the cloud is low which can be cause slow sync but this is more a idea no real proof. Yo can check the status of your sync in the Preferences LR Classic. There you see which will is processed. I have for example an issue with tif file this say error uploading. I Need to investigate this picture But this hold the sync proces on until the timeout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not that the dowloads from the cloud are utterly slow, but that the desktop application is totally frozen during this very slow sync. You cannot work on your pictures during cloud sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems to be fixed in 7.1

Works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it looks that all issues are gone now.

Lets cross our fingers

Regards,

Paco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm the problem is also solved for me in 7.1.

However, as the problem was on for for two months, I since have adapted my workflow to minimize the use of Adobe cloud anyway.

I'm not sure I'll be fully confident anymore in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me.  And I installed the latest LR Classic updates when they were developed.  This is maddening!  Does Adobe read these forums, or is this just a case of the blind leading the blind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to Scott Kelby for the solution -- I knew there had to be an easy answer, and it was.  You can go to the following link on the Kelby 1 site:

read:https://lightroomkillertips.com/if-youre-having-lightroom-cc-install-issues/

Basically, you go to the CC App and sign out, and then sign back in.  Done!!!

What a relief!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still having the syncing issues, but I think the problem is that lightroom classic is trying to sync all of my photos that are in the cloud   SIMULTANEOUSLY. This is over 5000 photos and since they are mostly all downloading at the same time, the first one doesn't download for a really long time; but when one finally gets done, the rest start finishing at shortly after since they were all downloading together (if that makes sense). Anyways, not sure if that is what the problem is FOR SURE, but just what it seems like since it shows like 2000 photos downloading and 99 pending... 2000 all at the same time too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is over 5000 photos and since they are mostly all downloading at the same time, the first one doesn't download for a really long time; but when one finally gets done, the rest start finishing at shortly after since they were all downloading together (if that makes sense).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines