• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC - keep catalogs away from the cloud?

Engaged ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Enterprise CC subscription through my work since I need Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop etc.  However, I have Lightroom just for my own personal photography.  I have been using 5.7 but would like to start using CC Classic.  I do not need the online components of it at all, I just want to use it as I have 5.7. I do not want anyone from the work IT group to access my catalogs, either.

Can I simply use Lightroom CC Classic on my home Mac completely isolated?  Similarly, if I no longer work there and lose the Enterprise account, can I simply get a personal CC account and continue to use my catalogs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no online components to Lightroom Classic CC.  You install and run it on your home computer the same as you are now using LR 5.7.  With Photography Subscription you will get both Lightroom and Photoshop, both of which download and install on your home PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about syncing to Lightroom CC cloud-based photo service then that is optional inside Lightroom CC Classic from the top-left Panels ribbon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handycam  wrote

Can I simply use Lightroom CC Classic on my home Mac completely isolated?

Yes. Just don't enable Sync.

Handycam  wrote

Similarly, if I no longer work there and lose the Enterprise account, can I simply get a personal CC account and continue to use my catalogs?

Yes, simply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Handycam  wrote

I do not want anyone from the work IT group to access my catalogs, either.

If this is on your Work computer I think there is any way to stop this.

If you install LR Classic CC on your home computer, even if you use the Enterprise license there is no way for the IT department from your work to access your home computer without you allowing it.

Handycam  wrote

Can I simply use Lightroom CC Classic on my home Mac completely isolated? 

Yes, that is IF the company you work for allows you to use the Enterprise account to install LR on your home system. Again the only way they would have access to your home computer is IF YOU allowed it.

Handycam  wrote

Similarly, if I no longer work there and lose the Enterprise account, can I simply get a personal CC account and continue to use my catalogs?

Yes the LR Catalog file is a completely separate file from the LR Program files. And actually if you have LR Classic installed and you want to switch licenses, Adobe account, from enterprise to personal or from one personal to some other personal adobe account, all you have to do is Sign Out of the first account and Sign In with the other. No need to uninstall and reinstall the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines